Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2001, 02:30 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Killing, killing, killing, El_Kalkylus, thats all you think about!

This is the archlich...

Oh what a beautiful morning...

This is el_kalk...

Away with you!

Archlich casts Incendiary Cloud on el_kalk

Ka-Boom!

el_kalk goes to Heaven!

Beautiful story?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 03-13-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 09:17 PM   #12
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Are Archliches just Liches of a different alignment than evil? I mean, do they have the same powers, or do they get seperate abilities? Anyone know?
Old 06-13-2001, 11:26 PM   #13
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Great work Memnoch.
Liches are fearsome creatures and many have suffered an unholy death
at the searing might of their sorceries...
Most feared of the undead? undoubtedly!
Old 06-14-2001, 01:48 AM   #14
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Yea liches are tough, In the D&D gaming world my liches kinda worked differently.

My liches could life drain like vampires, 2 levels on a hit plus their 1-10 damage. They could only be hit by +2 or better weapons, and their spells were like a sorcerer's, they didn't memorize spells like mages, their spells stayed with them over the years, comming back into use each day.
They had a certain amount of spells they could cast like a sorcerer, they didn't need to memorize them like mortals have to do, So a lich could cast more spells than a equal level mage, but couldn't cast the variety that a mage could. I didn't have lich spells books and the like, their spells had to stay with them for decades, since they are undead they cant progress farther up in mage skill.
Over all, they worked out well.
Old 06-14-2001, 01:55 AM   #15
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

A cool book series that had a Demi-lich like character sorta like the demi lich in baldurs gate is a very old series called the Centopath Road.
Basically it was about a up and comming mage who travelled into other worlds through gate like doorways created from the death of heros.
In his travels, he encountered a floating skull with magical powers, which was the skull of a great sorcerer who was defeated long ago, and his body parts seperated across the planes so he would never reform again.
The series was a race of sorts of this mage and the lich-sorcerer racing through the worlds trying to be the first to gather or distroy the parts..

I think the parts were his skull, his torso, his tongue, his skin, his arms and legs, and his heart. The Baldur gate demi lich reminded me of these books, too bad I don't have them anymore I liked that series. One of the cooler books was a king on another world found the liche's tongue, and magically grafted it in his mount instead of his own tongue. The tongue itself was so powerful that just by commanding someone to die, they would die.
Oh well, its 3am here, im rambling LOL
Old 06-15-2001, 04:43 PM   #16
Eladamri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bump. Please, does anyone know if an Archlich is just a normal Lich with a different alignment than evil? Does it have any special abilities compared to a normal Lich? Anyone?
Old 06-15-2001, 05:04 PM   #17
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Very cool post. Thanks for digging it up. I have to say the coolest lich around would have to be the one from dragonlance. What was his name again Soth. And what would he a demi-lich or just a normal lich. Anyways we was a cool guy.

Eladamri sorry I do not know the answer to your question. I would have to say yes and no. Half to think he was good at one point so he might not be able to turn people into dust.

------------------

Give me Back my glasses.
Lord of the blind.
Old 06-15-2001, 08:07 PM   #18
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Hesperex:
MUWHAHAHAHAHA.....puney Archlich...FEEL THE POWER OF LLOTH.....for the lady of chaos is with me.

seriously though, thats rather interesting stuff Memnoch

Silence!! Or feel the wrath of one of the realm's mightiest powers.

Tremble and so you shall be spare by Arch Lich Wah!!

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 08:09 PM   #19
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
Half to think he was good at one point so he might not be able to turn people into dust.

You want to bet on that? Perhaps dust in this sense means 'ashes'.

Human Ashes.
And I can do that with little difficulty.

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 08:30 PM   #20
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Soth wasn't a lich, he was a death knight, something totally different.

A Archlich is only a lich I believe that is a different alignment or makeup from the regular lich, either not evil, or not created from a mage. Sorta like a Archvillan, not really is a super villan stronger than the other villans, but sorta stands out as being a specific nemesis of some hero.