Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-20-2000, 10:51 AM   #1
Drax
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've been debating wether or not to get BG2 for the past month or so. I've played the first one and just got sick of it after 210 someodd days, Chapter 4 or 5, went by in the game and my characters were only level 8 or so. There are only crap magical items and the number of mage spells suck. Then I got Icewind Dale and became completely addicted to the game. The game blows BG1 out of the water.

Now is BG2 like Icewind in the fact that there's a lot of magical items? Do you level up quickly like in Icewind? Are there more magic scrolls that are easy to acquire? I've also heard tales of dragons, beholders, etc. monsters. Are there alot of monsters/quests with large xp values?
Old 10-20-2000, 11:06 AM   #2
TDZHON

Hmmm... IWD was kinda hack and slay, this one has more plot. But you start at a high level, and the magic items BLOW IWDs AWAY. It moves a LOT faster than BG1 did, but not as fast as IWD. Your chars will get to 18th to 21st level, giving you access to spells you could have only had in PST. The direction is a lot clearer than BG1, and you don't wander from area to area in a quest for discovery. Each area has a quest here, and a clear path. I guarentee you will like this game more than IWD, and I am a HUGE fan of IWD. I just LOVED my cleric getting to lvl 21 and having those BOSS 7th level spells! "Gate" is a blast.

Old 10-20-2000, 11:06 AM   #3
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Much better than IWD, more scope, more stores, more magic. There's your answer !.
Old 10-20-2000, 11:06 AM   #4
Uthander

is Air Worth breathing?

you get tons of magic items, spells, NPC socialization. more quests than you could shake a stick at.

BUY IT!!! you wont be disapointed.

Old 10-20-2000, 11:34 AM   #5
Drax
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cool. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2000, 04:22 AM   #6
lordkymil

hey even if your girlfriend leaves you, your boss fires you, you end up subsisting on a diet of instant noodles and bread and your skin turns white from non exposure to the sun i still think you should buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2000, 02:17 AM   #7
Tobbin
Red Dragon

OoooooooKaaaaaaaaaaYYYYYYYYY then, I think you have been playing BGII just a tad bit too long. LOL
Old 10-22-2000, 03:30 AM   #8
A Mage named Rikard

While your character don't have to eat remember that YOU do
we don't want to lose dedicated Forum users