Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-20-2000, 05:19 AM   #1
lordkymil

I just finished it and am dying to know one thing...what were all those robed figures saying at the end??? My movie scene had no sound for some stupid reason and i don't know how to lip read but those wizard looking guys looked like they were discussing something really important. A portent to BG3 perhaps? Please please please please please someone give me a briefing on what the ■■■■ they said!

Old 10-20-2000, 02:03 PM   #2
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

You could go in to options and change your sound settings to include subtitles. Then you can SEE what they're saying!
You do this by going to the start up screen then:
Click on "Options" .... next on "Sound" ... next on "Character Sounds" ... then click the little button by "Subtitles"

Good luck!
Old 10-20-2000, 02:43 PM   #3
TDZHON

Yes, it is a setting for BG3. They are talking about how they have let you grow too strong and now something may need to be done about it. If it is a continueation of this, I have no idea what it would be like. The chars starting from level 20 would be tough to beat. There weren't many monsters in AD&D that could stand up to a powerful party. Only dieties, demigods, and daemons/demons/devils. If it starts where it left off - in hell - I would guess you will be traveling the nine plains of hell... Now THAT would be a challenge. I'd love to see a final confrontation against Orcus or Asmodius...

They will have to remove that cloak of reflection though. Too easy to win with it. But it is WAY cool watching it reflect damage.

Old 10-20-2000, 11:48 PM   #4
lordkymil

BG3 in a Planescape style setting...travelling the planes - the Abyss, Elysium, Concordant - on your quest to be a demi-god! that would be cool, battling against the true masters of the universe. and whether or not you follow the righteous path or depends on you.
BTW where is the cloak of reflection?

Old 10-21-2000, 06:33 AM   #5
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Well, Torment allowed you to play a character up to level 25 or so I think. I never made it that far. I played Nameless up to level 13 as a thief and 21 as a mage and 22 as a fighter. I never did find anywhere that I could become a priest though. Hmmmm. Guess I didn't look hard enough. Pretty cool allowing a character to have resurrection as a special ability too. I imagine if the game is gonna play characters that high, it will be something like that. It was really cool that you could duel class (I call it that, but it is something way different here) in any combinations too. They let you re-learn your class and your level stays with you. They only allowed you to play one class at a time though. The only problem I really had with the game was the ending. Oh well. It was pretty cool gate'ing everywhere and going to different planes of reality. The only other problem that I had with the game was that I could never find armor anywhere. Hmmm. What was that all about. Oh well, it didn't matter either because you are immortal. If you die, no problem, just wait awhile and you would come back to life. Most often than not, you would still have your items with you too. This makes it a lot better when you are fighting something that can kill you with 1 attack and he hits first. LOL
Old 10-21-2000, 01:56 PM   #6
Glorick the Half-Orc

The BEST part of PST inventory was the tatoos. Totally cool. PST was the best single-player RPG ever created. But I couldn't play it twice, I just went crazy since it is so linear. BG2 is much less linear, and I will get a whole different set of quests this time through (which I am doing multi-player with friends).

I just realized that if you play a mage you will never get to learn 9th level spells. Your first 9th level spell comes at level 18 - and the xp cap limits you to lvl 17. That blowz. Only PST allows you to be a true arch-mage, going to level 25 gets you a mess of 9th level spells.

You know what's funny, if you think about it PST could BE the sequal to this game.

Old 10-22-2000, 02:06 AM   #7
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Yeah, I know what you mean. BTW, if you d/l the exp cap remover, you can raise your mage level up to 21 or so. Then you can cast 9th level spells. It takes forever til you raise the mage up high enough to cast 9th level spells though, but you can do it.
Old 10-22-2000, 02:57 AM   #8
Erekose
The Magister

Sorry to inform you of this Glorick but Orcus was killed in most campaign worlds by an aspiring drow godess. Though he made a brief return as Tenebrous. I think Castle greyhawk would have made an awesome addition to the D&D line but i guess it is a little too big.
Cheers