Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-23-2001, 08:36 PM   #1
Tananda
Elminster

Everything seemed to be in proper order - the party headed to Castle ruins and was prepared to meet those nasty plants. Very soon they appeared and let the wizards demonstrate the power of the spells. The first mantrap was killed... The second... The third... And - that was all! I knew that there had to be the forth! There were always four of them. Except this time.
Cautiously we went forward - step by step - looking for a missing mantrap. Nothing. We hanged around for some time - waiting for it to come - nothing. We searched for it almost everywhere... Nothing again.
So, what do you think of the situation? I do not like the idea that mantrap is hidding in bushes waiting for the party. Or is it studying how to hide in shadows and perform backstab? Or is it just thinking over a new tactics? Or, may be, some brave ranger reduced mantrap population with his glorious bow so considerably?

Anyway, thoughts of mantrap running around freely and staring my back make me sick. Any suggestions? Please...

P.S. All my Game Options set to Normal, except monster respawn - it is "frequent".

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 08:39 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

It's a random roll, Tanda. Sometimes it's 3, most of the time it's 4. Did you get rid of 2 of them at once without realizing it, though? It's happened to me before.

I have had times where there were absolutely only 3 mantraps, though.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 08:52 PM   #3
Tananda
Elminster

Only three? ReallY? Oh, now I can take a breathe!
Thank you, Sazerac! There were always four of them for me - and I thought it was a constant number.
Great relief! Thanks again!

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Old 05-23-2001, 09:20 PM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

I wouldn't be so sure, Tandy! Do you have any good looking females in your party? According to the Gael Serran Examiner, one of these male plants has got quite an eye for the ladies and could be laying in wait to get one of your females alone to seduce her. Be afraid, my friend, be very afraid.

Mammawlin *hoping Tandy reads the Gael Serran*

p.s. Good fighting, mighty hero!
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 09:34 PM   #5
Tananda
Elminster

LOL, Mammawlin !
I'll tell you a secret: I have three females in the party (elf, gnome and ratling)! Which one he will try to seduce in your opinion?

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Old 05-24-2001, 09:22 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah well then, Hugh Mongor (the "Lily") may very well be waiting to woo one of your party! (he's very fickle though - so if you wait long enough and something else comes along (like a worgur) he might just get carried away)

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote