Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-24-2001, 01:23 PM   #1
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

Hey I just got a wicked idea, best thing is it is not cheating

U know at the very very end of the game in hell, where u try to open the eyes and you get certain abilities. Well this is waht I got

15 extra hit points
10% magic resistance
20% resistance to fire, cold, electricity
+2 constitution

After I got those I just exported the character, and whoo hoo my fighter is even better.

He's a dumb ass I confess but...these are his stats WITHOUT MAGICAL ITEMS!

Strength: 20
Dext: 18
Const:21
Charisma:18

Anyone else tried this?

Theoretically If I complete the game 10 times, I will have the greatest character ever to grace AMN,

100% magic resistance
100% resistance fire, ice, col
400 approx hitpoints

41 constitution!!!!! unfortunately u can't get it, so just 25. Still then I would be unstoppable MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....kneel before me feeble warriors. I shall now complete the game another 9 times!
Old 07-24-2001, 02:17 PM   #2
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

BUMP!
Old 07-24-2001, 02:22 PM   #3
Immoral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Intro, I don't mean to offend you, but the tactic (if you want to call it that) that you just described is definitley considered cheating.

Here's a tip. Whenever you hear the phrase "Just export your character" it's safe to assume that the following is considered by the masses to be cheating.

If all you want is an unstoppable GOD then just use Shadowkeeper to make yourself one and don't even waste your time "exporting". Honestly though, once you do this, the game will become so boring you won't play it anymore, as there is no longer any challenge.

Anybody remember GOD MODE in DOOM? I rest my case.

Personally, I prefer to solo SoA and ToB for my kicks, but to each their own.

-Immoral

Old 07-24-2001, 02:25 PM   #4
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

But techinically, true to AD&D rules it is not cheating, otherwise they would not have put it in the game. Or am I wrong?

I do want a formidable character, but just not by cheating.

Hey does anyone know what the max lvl for a fighter is in TOB
Old 07-24-2001, 02:28 PM   #5
Seid
Manshoon

I agree with Immoral. If you want an unbeatable character just use Shadowkeeper. Going through the game over and over with the same character is just a waste of time.

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.
Old 07-24-2001, 02:32 PM   #6
Immoral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote: Intro (Part 1)
__________________________________________________ ______________________________
But techinically, true to AD&D rules it is not cheating, otherwise they would not have put it in the game. Or am I wrong?
__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Since when does AD&D have anything to do with exporting your characters?
Can you please explain what you mean by that?

Quote: Intro (Part 2)
__________________________________________________ ______________________________ Hey does anyone know what the max lvl for a fighter is in TOB?

40, I believe

-Immoral

[This message has been edited by Immoral (edited 07-24-2001).]
Old 07-24-2001, 03:40 PM   #7
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

Try to picture a story in a book, where the main character gets exported ten times and goes from wuss to super hero, go on, guess, of course its wrong, import export are for continuity, any other use is cheating...
Old 07-24-2001, 03:51 PM   #8
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Of course that's cheating! Why waste the time when you can just use Shadow Keeper? You might as well make six main characters and export them all to TOB. That way they'll all be immune to +1 weapons, and have the other bonuses! It's bad enough with two!!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 07-24-2001, 04:11 PM   #9
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

Well this isn't a book is it, and my fighter is not a wuss because he is maxed out already, i just want to go to hell 8-9 more times to get 100% magic resistance.

TECHNICALLY it is not cheating, and I mean technically.

By the way does anyone know if u can make a new character for TOB?
Old 07-24-2001, 04:21 PM   #10
Hanz123
The Magister

I guess I am asking for a spoiler but: will you only get a raise in constitution or can you choose? I haven't been in hell yet but my archer sure could use a dex raise!