Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 11-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #11
Chewbacca
Zartan

Default Re: My Review of Warden's Keep

Alright, finally got time a play a little and I know why I misunderstood.

You can buy back sold items for the same amount $ sold as long as it's the same session with a merchant.

If you sell stuff, close the merchant screen, and come back later the prices go back up to regular and the stuff is no longer listed under the buy-back menu.

So if you sell the wrong item on mistake, there isn't a penalty for buying it back right away, but there is if you wait.

UK John- AFAIK the console versions of the game have the same content as the PC, the only key differences are camera viewpoint and controls.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:47 AM   #12
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

There is also a sell back option on the Player side that does the same thing, during that session. It's a good idea, and I'm glad they put it in, because it's pretty easy to be running through all the stuff you have to sell, and sell the wrong thing.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:00 AM   #13
uk_john
Dungeon Master

Changes between console and PC are a lot more than just the camera viewpoint and controls.

The console version has been changed to make it an action-RPG, whereas the PC has been kept as a PC RPG.

For example, in the console version you can play for hours without having to pause in combat. The over the shoulder view in the console versions changes the whole tactical battlefield, and because of this, only on the console versions, the friendly fire option is switched off.

The console version, because of these changes, is a much faster based game than on PC, much more action orientated than on PC and much more different in gameplay terms than on PC. All this as well as control and camera view terms.
uk_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:43 AM   #14
Chewbacca
Zartan

Friendly fire still occurs in the difficulties higher than Normal. On hard and nightmare pausing for each action is the only way to succeed. The camera angle is ony an issue in my game when I can't see the entire area of effect of a spell like fireball. This slows the game down more as I spend time w/ trial and error,- more like guessing and hoping the party is outside the effects

On casual difficulty you can run through the game for hours with out pausing, definitely.