Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-13-2002, 04:36 AM   #1
Danel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I've reached that stage in the game where I need to decide to keep the XP Cap or get rid of it and I have a few questions.

1 - I assume the Cap can be removed during the game, correct?

2 - Does having ToB installed have any impact on removing the Cap?

3 - Are there any game related issues (AKA bugs) that are associated with the Cap removal?

Thanks
Old 10-13-2002, 04:52 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

OK, the first thing to realise is that an XP Cap remover doesn`t take the cap completely away, but rather raises it by quite a bit.

1- Yes, it can.

2- Because it pnly raises the cap, there are cap removers for SOA and TOB about- SOA ones raise it to the TOB Cap, TOB ones raise it further. If you have TOB, don`t bother with an SOA cap remover- it won`t do too much except get rid of your HLAs.
If you don`t have TOB, don`t get a TOB cap remover, because most likely it won`t work properly.

3- Depends on what cap remover you get. Baldurdash ones work without bugs, TeamBG ones I *think* work without bugs, but i`m not sure about any of the others around the place.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 09:00 AM   #3
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

I recommend the TeamBG remover. It is a single file that needs to be placed in your override map. Then the remover is in effect. When you wish to remove the remover, remove the file from the map
Old 10-13-2002, 10:33 AM   #4
Alasdair Shadowheart
Dungeon Master

Ive found that having a thief with the XP cap remover has a sort of bug. When you level to 40, you have too many points to distribute to your thief skills. It wont let you confirm the level until all of the points are dished out, so you'll be stuck on a lower level or two. You could probably use one of the thief kits(like assassins) since they get a certain percentage of points cut off, but I've not tried that yet... So, that's all I really know of [img]tongue.gif[/img]
\"I remember the feeling... I discovered solace, there. My only true taste of life was experienced in my death. I walked across the coldest shadows that your reality had taught me to fear... Your reality is now beneath me - And there it shall stay.\"<br />-Laisrean Shadowheart
Alasdair Shadowheart is offline   Reply With Quote