Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-09-2005, 10:12 PM   #41
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Cerek:
quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
I never fast forward through the adverts...

I just press the menu button and skip them outright.

*Sheesh* [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Yep, that's what my wife and I do too. This "fast forward block" is being done to ALL DVD's - NOT just the ones for rent. Our first experience with this was on the copy of Shrek 2 we bought. An ad came on for a similar movie coming out this year, but when I hit the Fast Forward button, nothing happened and we were forced to watch the ads on the DVD before getting to the main movie menu.

But my wife was the one who discovered this same trick, that hitting the "Menu" button simply bypasses the ads and allows you to go straight to the movie. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I also agree that I DO have the RIGHT to SKIP the ads on any movie if I actually BUY a copy of it.
[/QUOTE]yes, that explains why I could not get it past the ads using the normal means we bought Shrek2 for the kids, and had to explain to them that we were playing the movie, but had to wait for the ads to get done running, which to a 3 year old this translates into the movie is not there at all. so I learned the menu trick too [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2005, 01:49 AM   #42
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Maybe it is time to copy the whole DVD and cut the crap away and only copy the main movie!!!