Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2002, 05:27 PM   #1
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Yeah, I'm bored [img]tongue.gif[/img]

My most physically painful experience ever was when I got sent to the hospital because the left side of my face had been paralyzed. They then rammed a syringe into my spine to get some spinal liquid to analyze, then a couple of hours after the only experience in my life that's actually made me scream in pain I was told that it was only a temporary virus that'd go away soon.
Old 05-18-2002, 05:38 PM   #2
Epona
Zartan

Ow, that's nasty. I remember my bro screaming in pain from a lumbar-puncture when he had meningitis as a kid. Fortunately he recovered with no lasting effects, but it was bloody worrying for a while.

My own has to be food poisoning - I was in agony, felt like I was gonna burst like the scene in Alien.
Old 05-18-2002, 05:41 PM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

My most physically painful experience ever was when I got sent to the hospital because the left side of my face had been paralyzed. They then rammed a syringe into my spine to get some spinal liquid to analyze, then a couple of hours after the only experience in my life that's actually made me scream in pain I was told that it was only a temporary virus that'd go away soon.
Ow! Poor you

I think mine was when I had my wisdom teeth out. I had the two sides done separately, which was a bit awful because then the second time I knew how painful it would be. My face was all swollen and tight and it was extremely horrible.
Old 05-18-2002, 06:03 PM   #4
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Ach it must have been when I was about 5 years old, and I was running down our very long steep drive and tripped and tell on the concerete. I took off all the skin from one side of my face entirely. and my knees and my hands. I was lucky i didnt break my nose or something.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 05-18-2002, 06:06 PM   #5
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
Ach it must have been when I was about 5 years old, and I was running down our very long steep drive and tripped and tell on the concerete. I took off all the skin from one side of my face entirely. and my knees and my hands. I was lucky i didnt break my nose or something.
I tried that once, it hurts like bloody hell....
Old 05-18-2002, 06:08 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
another accidents thread ? Well i'm not going into the fishinghookstuff again, too embarrasing.(lol)
Old 05-18-2002, 06:09 PM   #7
Sorcerer Alex

I was six years old and playing around on the floor, when I suddenly rolled backwards and onto the upturned iron that my mother had (rather thoughtlessly) just put on the floor to cool. It stuck to my skin for a good few seconds and all I remember after that is a lot of pain and torrents of blood. I've still got a mark on the side of my stomach.

Old 05-18-2002, 07:28 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

I have a dent on the side of my skull from where my brother dropped a toy bus on it. I was about five then, so he musta been under 2. I have no independent memory of the event, but im guessing it must of hurt like hell.

The most painful event I remember occured after losing heavily at Necromunda (Gang-based tabletop wargame). I blame the defeat on my opponents telekinetic sister - anyway, on the way home on my bike said sister emerges from the house and calls for me. Stupidly I turn round, and the plastic carrier bag with my (soon to be ex) miniatures in it catches the spokes on my front wheel. I wake up five minutes later on the pavement in extreme agony. Still have to bike home though. Miniatures were pretty beat up. Bike was OK. Forehead was perforated, many other parts were bruised. No bones broken.

Oh, and why do you think I was called back? My mother was phoning to see when I would be home.
Old 05-18-2002, 07:39 PM   #9
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ouch! That sounds painful Neb! Mine was getting half of my rib cage shattered and my lung punctured after being kicked in the back by a horse
Old 05-18-2002, 07:49 PM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

Bit off a rip-off of SomeGuys "Worst Injury" thread.

Go here: http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...0;t=008374;p=1

For my anser!