Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2002, 10:18 PM   #11
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I've lost count of the amount of times I've "given up" drinking (usually every other weekend for the last two years) But it sounds like your son might have a few more brains than me... hehe
Old 03-03-2002, 10:58 PM   #12
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

You can only drink when you're 21?! In NZ you can buy alcohol when you're 18. And before then its pretty easy to find someone to buy it for you...not the I drink though.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 03-03-2002, 11:10 PM   #13
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
I've lost count of the amount of times I've "given up" drinking (usually every other weekend for the last two years) But it sounds like your son might have a few more brains than me... hehe

LOL I only quit once...when an auto accident damaged one of my kidneys at the age of 24...prior to that I was a steady drinker (almost daily from the age of 17 with the exception of the nine months I carried my son, the smell alone made me sick lol) and I loved every minute of it. I was one of those people who could drink heavily, still drive home and wake up feeling fine. Not to say I've never had a hangover..I can tell you that half of a fifth of Jack Daniel's is not going to go well with a glass of Gin & tonic later and that you can drink too many wine coolers!

Scholarcs,
The legal drinking age has been raised since I was young(er ).
I don't remember when it went to 21 nationwide. It used to be 21 in some states, 19 in others and in others still, 18 for 3.2% beer and 21 for 6% beer and liquor.
I had the priveledge of being in one state when it was legal at 19 and in another where it was 21 so I got to have two "legal-drinking-age" parties! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 03-03-2002: Message edited by: Moni ]