Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-30-2002, 04:05 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Really, guys! Come on and lighten up! In the past week, I can't name how many threads I've been in where people are grousing at one another, complaining about other people's sigs (we're working on that, BTW), acting snotty when someone asks a simple question or makes a request, making editorial comments when someone makes a post, taking high-handed, officious attitudes with other members...I mean, really! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

What happened to the friendly environment we used to have in here? I certainly hope this isn't the way those of you who are doing this treat people in RL.

Now let's lighten up, or I'm going to start a "Random Acts of Kindness/Senseless Acts of Virtue" thread. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Over and out,

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 01-30-2002, 04:16 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

In the past week? Hm, I've been noticing a non-IW-ish atmosphere around here for a couple of months now....
Old 01-30-2002, 04:18 PM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Grrr, how DARE you suggest that SOME of us are ACTUALLY being rude to one another you [Censored for the younger members] ! *Grabs stick of the wall. Seriously though, I think Sazy is right. Especially political discusions seem to be the cause of this *Looks ashamed.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:21 PM   #4
Durwyn
Elminster

Well, I'll take a quote from the Real World. The reason why this is all happening is (I think) because "People stop being nice, and start getting real" hehe.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:23 PM   #5
Neb

quote:
Originally posted by Durwyn:
Well, I'll take a quote from the Real World. The reason why this is all happening is (I think) because "People stop being nice, and start getting real" hehe.

In that case I'd prefer nice to real.

This place actually used to be SO much more fun before....
Old 01-30-2002, 04:25 PM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

This place actually used to be SO much more fun before....

Oh no! Not the 'I miss the good old time when people like Caleb and the Dawg where still around' discussion again. You sound like my grandmother
Old 01-30-2002, 04:36 PM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Really, guys! Come on and lighten up! In the past week, I can't name how many threads I've been in where people are grousing at one another, complaining about other people's sigs (we're working on that, BTW), acting snotty when someone asks a simple question or makes a request, making editorial comments when someone makes a post, taking high-handed, officious attitudes with other members...I mean, really! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

What happened to the friendly environment we used to have in here? I certainly hope this isn't the way those of you who are doing this treat people in RL.

Now let's lighten up, or I'm going to start a "Random Acts of Kindness/Senseless Acts of Virtue" thread. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Over and out,

WHAT?!?! Just point out that culprits, Saz! I'll sort 'em out!
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-30-2002, 04:37 PM   #8
Neb

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Oh no! Not the 'I miss the good old time when people like Caleb and the Dawg where still around' discussion again. You sound like my grandmother

What? You mean I'm not? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You youngster! Need to learn some respect for your elders! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And no, I won't start that discussion again, you've already heard me say it enough times....

But it IS true though, this place used to be a lot more fun and a lot more active.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:43 PM   #9
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

What? You mean I'm not? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You youngster! Need to learn some respect for your elders! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And no, I won't start that discussion again, you've already heard me say it enough times....

But it IS true though, this place used to be a lot more fun and a lot more active.

WARNING: SERIOUS POST:

Don't worry, it'll be REALLY active once NWN is out.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-30-2002, 04:45 PM   #10
Durwyn
Elminster

Well, I'd consider it a reality fact really. I mean no one is going to hold America a peacful country so to say. Or any community will not be all friendly and nice and kind in all ways to each other, at least not forever. Its more of a reality aspect, as a community grows, there will be different discussions, more discussions, more heated topics that eventually will lead to heated discussions. I mean America as I know, was a very peacful and a nice country before. But when many many pepople like myself included imigrated to America, it became bigger, and much more unstable so to say, un-controlled, and well people stopped being nice, and got real so to say. So IronWorks grew and more people came, different people hehe. But truly I must say the last few weeks have been heated, but not to a huge extent. Its was pretty cool and fun here actually, at least for me hehe.

IronWorks "A GREAT FUN FEELING, NO MATTER WHAT!"
Orbit Gum "A BETTER CLEAN FEELING, NO MATTER WHAT!"

You get the idea .