Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 02:41 PM   #1
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

All right, I'm dying here. Does ANYBODY know of "natural" painkillers that can relieve toothaches? I had my wisdom tooth pulled yesterday, this is agony! I try not to take many pills, only if it's really, really necessary. Also, I don't think I have any right now. So PLEASE, if you know of a substitution, one that I can get quickly and with little problems, TELL ME! This is agony!

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-24-2001, 02:58 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
All right, I'm dying here. Does ANYBODY know of "natural" painkillers that can relieve toothaches? I had my wisdom tooth pulled yesterday, this is agony! I try not to take many pills, only if it's really, really necessary. Also, I don't think I have any right now. So PLEASE, if you know of a substitution, one that I can get quickly and with little problems, TELL ME! This is agony!

Kaz, while I do not know of any natural painkillers, have you tried using ice? Or just a wet rag, it won't be that much help, but it usually dampens both the pain and swelling a bit.

Old 10-24-2001, 03:01 PM   #3
Absynthe

Oil of Clove, dear. Apply it directly to the gums where the pain is. Non-addictive and should help the hurt.

Old 10-24-2001, 03:02 PM   #4
Sorcerer Alex

Have you tried Neurofen yet Kaz? You can guy it in Germany and I've found that it's the best for just about any pain, in any part of your body. I'm really sorry to hear about your tooth and I hope you get better soon!

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-24-2001, 03:03 PM   #5
MagiK

The active ingredient in asprin is 100% natural, it is derived from the bark of a yew or willow tree...not sure wich. The american indian tribes used to chew the bark for the anti-inflamatory/pain killing effects. I suggest though that the meds your dentist gave you for the pain are far superior and just as safe.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 10-24-2001, 03:05 PM   #6
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

my brother had 11 teeth pulled in one day, 7 impacted baby teeth and 4wisdom
he was on a lot of medicine

------------------

Old 10-24-2001, 03:17 PM   #7
Lord Exxon

I dont know if it exist in Germany, but in Norway we have a very strong painkiller called paralgin forte.

-------------
What we do in life, echoes in eternity

Old 10-24-2001, 03:21 PM   #8
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:

Kaz, absynthe is correct about the oil of clove - you should be able to come by it at just about any pharmacy or health food store over there. also, any over-the-counter product like Anbesol(tm) here in the states, made for the relief of gum/tooth pain.
Tea Tree Oil may also prove usefull, the extract of the australian melaluca tree, a very good one to have any way, like the clove oil, use a toothpick or something like a small cotton swab on a stick(q-tips) to put it where you want it, bvecause neither tastes very good!

Be careful not to get dry socket where the tooth was pulled out, if you think you are in pain now, ohboy! - If you are having headaches as part of the dental surgery, get some feverfew capsules at the same place you get the clove or tea tree oil. hope some of this helps!

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-24-2001, 03:25 PM   #9
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:

Kaz, try the oil of cloves, if that doesn't work - just use allopathic medication. Alternative medicine is great - especially when it comes to prevention, but there's good in both ways of treating stuff. If you really are in agony, then a few painkillers aren't going to kill you, unless you know for a fact that you are sensitive to the ingredients. Obviously in large quantities they can be bad for the liver etc (especially paracetamol) but you aren't going to be taking large quantities, are you sweets?

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati Not to Mention Sensuality Incarnate
Old 10-24-2001, 03:25 PM   #10
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Thanks! It's evening now, so I can't try any of that (except the ice) but if I feel this bad tomorrow morning, I'm DEFINITELY going to try some of that. I think I'll go to bed early tonight...
Bye!

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum