Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 12:00 PM   #11
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

My brother had this. It's usually caused by an ill placed blood vessel that is constantly ruptured due to its location in the sinus. Keeping the nasal passages moist during the dry air seasons helps. The easiest way to cure it permanently is a minor outpatient procedure where they cauterize the offending blood vessel. Just ask your doctor about it.

------------------
Member of ORT
Master Barbsman and weilder of the razor wit!
Official royal toad! Ribbit! Ribbet I say!

The true secret to happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!
Old 10-24-2001, 12:08 PM   #12
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yup, Rikards right, all leafy green veggies are rich in Iron, and so are red meats, so either can help.

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-24-2001, 12:16 PM   #13
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

You could also take an Iron supplement or vitamins. Regardless, you should go see a doctor just to confirm that it's iron related and not something more serious. Plus, the doctor can cottorize (sp) it (burn it shut so you don't bleed anymore)

------------------
I'm the Wanderer without a clan... I bring justice without favorism. Though you may not agree with it, my judgement is final... and inconsequential
Old 10-24-2001, 12:17 PM   #14
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
He know that one.. Apart from iron, how is your sleeping habits? If you sleep too little and at only late hours your body will burn alot of minerals and vitanmins.. Good sleep, iron rich food and get some habits that the body can get used to. Try grapes, fruits with alot of iron and Spinache is good. There are also some sort of "juice" that tastes like grapejuice that is really good, you can probably find some equvelant thing for this. But food and sleep habits are best for the loing run, trust me.. I know how it is..
Do you mean cranberry juice, hon? That's what it sounds like to me. And some very good advice in here about sleep habits, too. I should know, among other things, I am constantly anemic and have to watch what I eat and get my rest.

250: Iron rich foods include: any dark leafy green vegetable, broccoli, red meats, red fruits and veggies. V8 juice, if you like it, is good, too. Anything deep green or red is loaded with iron. But if this keeps up, please go see a doctor.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-24-2001, 12:18 PM   #15
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

mmmmm liver

But I doubt it's anemia. It's more likely that you have an irritated sinus and a venule too near the surface of the mucosa is bleeding because of it. don't pick your nose or shove kleenex up it and get some decongestant and it should get better.

------------------

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon
Old 10-24-2001, 12:25 PM   #16
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Mmmh, maybe it would be smart to go see a doctor anyway. Just to be on the save side.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 Demonslayer of the OHF.

Paladin of the order, first bodyguard of Lady Lioness and defender of Castle Kerhelm
Old 10-24-2001, 01:30 PM   #17
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

One other thing...place a piece of ice at the back of your neck with your head tilted up. That should stop a nosebleed very quickly. (I'm not sure why, I just know it works.)

If it is a chronic condition, I agree with everything everyone else has said...get to a doctor. Better safe than sorry.

------------------

Patience, my BUTT...I'm going to KILL something!!!
Old 10-24-2001, 03:55 PM   #18
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
One other thing...place a piece of ice at the back of your neck with your head tilted up. That should stop a nosebleed very quickly. (I'm not sure why, I just know it works.)

If it is a chronic condition, I agree with everything everyone else has said...get to a doctor. Better safe than sorry.

ohhh, good idea Saz. (lets you in on why it works...it causes all the vessels to constrict so there's less pressure runnin through the sinus to force blood out )

Aside from that 250 unless this happens to you a lot there's really no reason to get a doctor's bill.
Old 10-24-2001, 03:59 PM   #19
Sorcerer Alex

You been givin those boogers a good seeing to, two fiffee?

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-24-2001, 04:07 PM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

thank you all!!

I do have a BAD sleeping habits, come to think of it...ackk

anyway, I will do all that! now it finally stoped thanks again, everyone