Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-20-2001, 08:31 AM   #1
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

an article from a Techie newspaper;

'Cats become the new e-consumers

LA game designer Matt Wolf has devised a compendium of video games for cats. Cyberpounce comprises 11 games that are sheer electronic catnip for felines.
Spiders dangle, birds flutter and furry mice dart across the screen which, Wolf claims, is as engrossing as Quake for your house-bound, high-rise fur balls.

However, the software comes with no guarantees. Despite the involvement of an animal behaviourist in the formation of the games, cats will be cats and dogged indifference may ooze from every pore. ... be warned that a frenzied, beclawed cat and a plastic-screened notebook display or LCD monitor are not a recommended combination.'

Any takers?

Old 06-20-2001, 08:38 AM   #2
Lioness
Jack Burton

Heehee...
I proved you all wrong, didn' I, Rudey, and Azzy? Now has anyone made a computerized bone?

------------------
Old 06-20-2001, 08:41 AM   #3
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Staralfur:
an article from a Techie newspaper;

'Cats become the new e-consumers

LA game designer Matt Wolf has devised a compendium of video games for cats. Cyberpounce comprises 11 games that are sheer electronic catnip for felines.
Spiders dangle, birds flutter and furry mice dart across the screen which, Wolf claims, is as engrossing as Quake for your house-bound, high-rise fur balls.

However, the software comes with no guarantees. Despite the involvement of an animal behaviourist in the formation of the games, cats will be cats and dogged indifference may ooze from every pore. ... be warned that a frenzied, beclawed cat and a plastic-screened notebook display or LCD monitor are not a recommended combination.'

Any takers?

Won't work for , he's blind...

He DOES have like 15+ toys all over his "Arena" (Living Room) and LOVES those.. plays all day.. he is 8, yet choc acts like a kitten! VERY playful.. Wears ME out! heh!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 06-20-2001, 09:42 AM   #4
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness
Heehee...
I proved you all wrong, didn' I, Rudey, and Azzy? Now has anyone made a computerized bone?

If you threw your monitor out of the window (I've been close on many occasions) a dog might go and fetch it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Won't work for , he's blind...

He DOES have like 15+ toys all over his "Arena" (Living Room) and LOVES those.. plays all day.. he is 8, yet choc acts like a kitten! VERY playful.. Wears ME out! heh!

"Arena" - is this where he does battle with curtains and various other bits of furniture? Or are the toys enough?

Our rabbit at home is half blind, has no front teeth and has recently begun getting arthritus. He still is energetic as he ever was, and is quite happy running around the garden all day. He also has the amazing ability to determine between men and women, and I'm sure he flirts with any ladies that happen to be put in the garden.
Old 06-20-2001, 05:49 PM   #5
Pangur Ban

The best cat toy I have ever found is a small laser pointer. My beloved kitty goes berserk trying to hunt and catch that annoying red light dot that moves around the walls and floor ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Alas, for the dog could not enter the kingdom of heaven, for during its time upon earth it had breathed air that could have been better used by a cat, or indeed by any other animal ...."
Old 06-20-2001, 06:14 PM   #6
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Hello!
I've searched the net for sites with cat sound bytes and
played them for my cat: Sid! It gets him going, looking around
climbing all over the speakers and desk and wondering what the heys
going on.
Sid also has six feet of that chain kind of metal string
that all bathroom plugs are attached to. Also used for light
switches and dog tag necklaces. Anyways it drives him nuts!
The sound of it rattling or bieng dragged across the floor
sends him into a frenzy! He's had it for years. Takes it every where
like Linus's blanket! ...awwww...

Old 06-20-2001, 06:55 PM   #7
Moni

Djinn Raffo,
That's cute and funny!

I used to have a voice program that I would use to make my PC say "Here kitty kitty!" She would freak LOL!
I had nother cat that would leave the room and hide if she climbed up my back enough times and forced me to play a wav of a big cat's roar.

Right now, I have a series of photos that I use for my screen saver with Gphotoshow. I recorded our mamma cat's unique purr and it plays in a loop when the screen saver is up. Funny and disturbing at the same time LOL when you walk in and your PC is purring loudly!

Moni

------------------