Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2002, 04:43 AM   #1
Pyrite, fools gold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i am at the end of the game, i just got thru candlekeep and am trying to go to iron throne tower, but when i do, the game crashes. what do i do?
\"...for there is indeed a harmony in the universe, a concordant singing of common weal, to join that song, one must find the inner harmony, must find the notes that ring true.<br /> there is one other point to be made about that truth: Evil creatures cannot sing.\"--Drizzt Do\'Urden
Pyrite, fools gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 12:27 PM   #2
Colin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've /just/ been through this section of the game.

Maybe try going to other places first? There are a few things to be done before revisiting the tower. If you start at the bridge, then walk into the front gates of Baldur's Gate there are a few people you should meet on those two maps (they are out in the open so you can't miss them). They will direct you to some new quests.

Oh, if you haven't gone on the Ulgoth's Beard/Durlag's Tower quests, now would be a good time to do that.

Perhaps the game needs more memory allocated to it? Or maybe your system just needs rebooting before you try again?

-Colin.
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 02:56 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Does your game usually crash at a certain point, such as entering a particular map or talking to a particular person? That might help pinpoint the problem.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:03 AM   #4
Pyrite, fools gold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

actually, this is the first time i remember the game crashing. maybe its cause i just went from the freindly arm to the tower. anywho, im off to try icewind dale online! (overly dramatic)
\"...for there is indeed a harmony in the universe, a concordant singing of common weal, to join that song, one must find the inner harmony, must find the notes that ring true.<br /> there is one other point to be made about that truth: Evil creatures cannot sing.\"--Drizzt Do\'Urden
Old 07-17-2002, 04:55 PM   #5
Pyrite, fools gold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

anyway, now im at slythe and krysten, and i cannot survive them, slythe just comes over with his haste and murders my whole party, what do i do?
Old 07-17-2002, 06:29 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Shoot him. Don't leave your weaker party members up front. Hit him with several people at a time. Get rid of his spells. Choke him up with Summoned creatures. Backstab him. The possibilities are endless.
Old 07-17-2002, 08:10 PM   #7
Colin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

He is a tough character, but definitely killable.

Dispel Magic will counter-act haste.

-Colin.
Colin is offline   Reply With Quote