Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2003, 02:45 PM   #1
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Now i am EXTREMELY depressed [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img] . While re-installing Baldurs Gate, i encountered an error ive run into all too many times lately. The error is this:

"CRC Error: The file D:\Black Isle\Baldurs Gate 2\CD2\Movies\MovIntro.bif doesnt match the file in the setup's.cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor."

I ran into the same error while attempting to install Postal 2 [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] , 'cept the file name was different. If someone can aid me in my time of need, please, i beg you, help me [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] .

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 03:02 PM   #2
McHaggis
Manshoon

That CRC would suggest the BG's CD is broken, but since it occured during another program too I would guess your cd-drive is broken.

That's my opinion though..
McHaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 03:52 PM   #3
IranicuS
The Magister

I dont know if it ould work but u could try to instal it with costum. and leave the movie thing of bg 2. but their is opne thing and that is that you will encounter that movie somrwhere in the game and perhaps the game crashes. Al of this i dont know for sure but at least I tried to help.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:00 PM   #4
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by McHaggis:
That CRC would suggest the BG's CD is broken, but since it occured during another program too I would guess your cd-drive is broken.

That's my opinion though..
The thought of my cd-drive being broken did cross my mind, but i just installed Warcraft 3 right after trying to install Postal 2, and warcraft works just fine and didnt encounter any problems during the installation. I also encountered this error during the installation of Summoner. Damn im pissed!

Old 05-16-2003, 04:03 PM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

What OS (operating system) are you running under: Windows 98, 98SE, 2000, Millenium, or XP?
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 04:05 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

Probably your CD-ROM lens is dirty, so with older CDs with scratches it fails but it can still read a brand new disc. Anyway, a CD-ROM cleaner costs about £5. You should be able to find them anywhere that sells CDs in any form, a cleaner for a PSX or something will work fine. Dont use it on a CDR or CDRW though, the lenses in those are more delicate and can be damaged.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:34 PM   #7
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Im running Windows XP

Old 05-16-2003, 05:26 PM   #8
Raistlin Majere
Ra

It worked(whatever it was that finally worked)! I cleaned all four disks(thanks andrewas), booted my comp., removed the registry key and so on, and it finally worked! now i can get back to playing the best crp game ever made(along with warcraft, of course)! can life get any better [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] ?

Old 05-16-2003, 06:01 PM   #9
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Glad to hear it, Raistlin. The reason I asked what OS you were using is because XP is notorious for having issues with certain games and Millenium does weird things for no reason.

Andrewas, what do you use, then, to clean the lens of a CDR/CDRW if they are so sensitive, yet they must sometime be cleaned?
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 07:36 PM   #10
andrewas
Harper

CDRs seem less susceptible to dust , I think the lasers are stronger, and the optics are higher quality. But I would just stick the cleaner in anyway, if it goes wrong I can get a replacement easily enough.