Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2006, 04:20 PM   #1
EvilTechno
Welcomed New User

I love the subject. Finaly a clear one.

Simple question. I want to use a rogue with bloodlust / thieves dagger.
Does the bloodlust do backstabdamage, too?

That would mean beserk damage + backstabdamage?
EvilTechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:34 AM   #2
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

If I recall it does. The rogue is an awsome fighter all through the game. I have never used bloodlust with a rogue but I seem to recall backstab damage happens with any one handed sword or dagger.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:42 AM   #3
EvilTechno
Welcomed New User

That's cool.
I'll try a rogue with bloodlust / thieves dagger or bloodlust / shield then.
If the dagger's damage is way lower than the penalty using 2 weapons, the rogue will use a thieves shield instead.

My bard usually carries the bloodlust and a shield. And he does more damage midgame than my fighter (dual maces).

But this time i plan to start with 3 bards and change one to fighter and one to rogue.
The caracter with the highest initiative shall use the rousing drums (haste).

Since the rogue is using a cursed weapon, he will not use a bow and therefor not raise SENSES.
I am not sure if the bard->fighter or the pure bard will have the higher initiative.

The bard->fighter will use dual maces and 3xbow.
=> STR, DEX and (SEN) should be maxed first.

The pure bard will use Mercutio's Blade plus a shield and a bow. And carry 2 STR+20 rings.
=> DEX, SEN, (VIT) should be maxed first.

Well, looks as if i have to create these caracters first, in order to see who has the higher initiative.
EvilTechno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #4
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I love my rogues with duel thieves Daggers. They really pump out the damage and deliver poison damage to boot. The extra attack with bloodlust and thieves dagger should be quite powerfull. The thief won't need a shield because stealth should be good enough. You could start him off as a Sam and get crit. strike up to 25% get the sword bonus to pump up sword then switch to dagger or if you load a ninja any but fairy and give the ninja sword and dagger to start you should be able to get a katana and dagger (can't remember what it is called) then replace him with the sam on the beach and the sam can use sword and dagger effectively until you switch to thief. Probably around 5th or 6th level or just wait until you get to arnika.

In deathstalker 3.0 there are great weopons early for daggers especially for the ninja class. you get sai's before you finish the monestary.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:37 PM   #5
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

IIRC, once you switch from Sam to Rogue, you'd lose the sword bonus. You would keep the crit strike tho, but it could not rise anymore. Pure rogue would probably be more powerful as the backstab damage increases with levels.