Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2001, 04:50 PM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Jim,
I hadn't heard about the Harbringer sword ... (is my greed showing yet?) ...
you happen to remember the stats on it?

I ain't Jim, but here you go.

Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 05:02 PM   #12
Russ
Manshoon

So there's a 5% chance per hit that your wounded and battered party members will be polished off by one of their own guys?

Gee, that sounds like an item **I** want in my party...
Old 12-12-2001, 05:06 PM   #13
Jim
Quintesson

quote:
So there's a 5% chance per hit that your wounded and battered party members will be polished off by one of their own guys?

Yes, this is actually a really annoying sword. Even when the Paladin uses it it bursts occasionally (same odds as a critical hit) and decides that it's you that has attacked him and runs off hating your guts.

"Don't use such a damn silly sword then you silly man!!, it's not my fault "

No need to take it out on my party of ultimate badasses.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 05:14 PM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Russ:

"NOOOO!!!! He's using that damn sword again!" screamed Milnar as he dived desperately towards Fooleer. Grabbing Fooleer's legs, he made an anxious plea, "Please... no."

"But the Orc must die!" roared Fooleer, and he swung the sword high in the air, ready to behead the unconsicious Orc on the ground. Milnar looked on weakly, when suddenly, there was a whistle in the air and Fooleer gasped.

"Tr... tre... treachery!" Fooleer muttered, as he collasped to the ground, an arrow stuck in the back of his head.

Turning around, Milnar saw Elehenar, the Elven Archer twiddling his thumbs nervously and biting his lower lip. Mumbling under his breath, he said, "Well, I'm not going to let him singe my hair again and put us in plaster casts for another month... ..."

Milnar nodded knowingly and holding Fooleer's sword, he tossed it aside in some ditch. Let some other fool party have it, he had had about enough injuries from it already.

Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 05:25 PM   #15
Kaleban
Manshoon

What kind of genius made a weapon like that? Is it cursed???

Isn't there a club or something in Soa or ToB that does the same thing? You'd think the programmers would make it so that the explosion only hurt ENEMIES of the user, but NNOOOOO....

Weird.
Old 12-13-2001, 01:14 AM   #16
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

That club you are referring to is the club of detonation. This, iirc, is a ToB item. And yes those things really suck. If i read something like this, it's time to give it to ribald and have him sell it to some other dumb@$$.
Old 12-13-2001, 01:50 AM   #17
ecko
Dungeon Master

spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
u can find the staff of the magi in the secret hq of twisted rune.
u only need a rogue stone. go to the unmarked house in bridge district beaware of trap in the door. its first empty but after walk forward u can find a lich teleporting on the table dont try to kill ir from there coz u cant hit it . the lich talks something and suddenly there will be a beholder,vampire,mage, and thief the lich teleports in the middle of ur party. it is not so tough battle and u can find the staff in the corpse of mage
Old 12-13-2001, 03:22 AM   #18
Whailor

Spoilers a bit
ehh scratch that, there's more spoilers here already then I will give..

In any case, while 5K gp is not a big amount, there's no way in Nine Hells I will pay to some Cowled Fools for casting some spells. I simply kill them all and case closed. And without a Sorcerer char, killed them last time with my berserker (and his party) and this time will do it with a Cavalier. I don't play men in dresses, real men wear plate mail

So yeah, kill 'em all. And they do not have the Staff of the Magi. They have their papers, rocks and sticks. OK, scrolls, gems and sticks.
Old 12-13-2001, 10:04 AM   #19
Anarion

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:

I ain't Jim, but here you go.

sounds a bit like jan jansen made it eh!- completely pointless magic weapon. its a bit like the 2 handed +3 sword in bg that you loose controll when you use it and go bezerk.
Old 12-13-2001, 10:11 AM   #20
Galdriel wovenmist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The best thing about it must be that ogres get turned to stone by it. Well... Nah. Sounds like a BG1 wpn for early starters VS ogres. You dont meet alot of Ogres in bg2 if im right. Well Ill be seeing ya.

Thaerek Blackmain/Galdriel Wovenmist
Bladesman of Silent swords
|===|;;;;>
Galdriel wovenmist is offline   Reply With Quote