Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-30-2001, 08:23 AM   #41
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
The Islanders suck? Pshaw! I'm originally from Chicago (23 years there) and am currently stuck in this hellhole of a city for a job (St. Louis). Needless to say, I'm a Blackhawks fan...you want to talk about "sucks" buddy...there you go!

I was sad to see Belfour go from the 'hawks years ago, as he was still a great goaltender. However, he has definitely lost a step. You can see it best when he's faced with a speedy winger who has a quick shot.

I feel for ya Throntar.... Id said for years (being a Stars fan) that the Stars wouldnt win a Stanley Cup until they signed Belfour. The really odd thing is if I talk about a player and the Stars they end up signing that player within a year..... Psycic or WHAT???? Where is Micheal Pivonka???? And wouldnt Jaromir Jagr look good in black and green???? Hull goes for Jagr.... mark my words.... lol

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2001, 10:43 AM   #42
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

things go *bump* in the night. how many years does shanahan left on his contract?????? GO STARS!!!!!!

------------------
Old 05-30-2001, 10:46 AM   #43
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

well, shanahan was pretty useless, and the redwings are OLD. they have to have freshies.. thats what the avs have vs. the rest of the NHL, finding talent in nowhere land...

brett hull sux, and they got swept by the blues, meaning avs would have done better...

i hope avs win in game three or they are in some deep shit

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 05-30-2001, 06:22 PM   #44
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Game 2 was awsome!

Billy Cork?!?

Who would have thought?
Old 05-31-2001, 04:07 AM   #45
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

it wasnt coz they lost foo! heehee j/k

the avs just messed up... they had great scoring chances... and patrick roy is better than brodeur...

------------------

We have merged... and now we are called Chiharumut..wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 05-31-2001, 08:20 AM   #46
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Yip the stars had a rough year. Avs rocked all the way through the regular season. Personally I was kind of surprised the Stars finished as strongly as they did only to get blown out in the second round. I knew that would happen. Sad bet hey theres always next season.

The Stars suffer from the same problem that Detriot and Chicago and and a whole lot of other teams do..... old guys who have lost a step. Larry Murphy was never fast by any means but he played extremely smart positionaly. Guy Carbonneu was the same way. Joey Neiuwendyk was never quick either and hadnt had any ligaments in his knees since he graduated from high school. But hes a smart player with a snapshot from hell. Now all
he needs is a top quality winger that can score (preferably fast too)

Where is Micheal Peca??? i know hes a free agent this summer and the Stars are licking their chops wanting to sign him. Its going to be a bidding war. The Stars want him because they miss Guy Carbonneu taking key face-offs. Peca is one of the better face-off men in the NHL. Look for Peca to be wearing black and green this fall (owner Tom Hicks has got very deep pockets and is willing to get the best players like Jagr and Peca). (And Straka and Kovalev)

How many years does Scott Stevens have left on his contract???

------------------
Old 05-31-2001, 09:46 AM   #47
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

scott stevens? i dont know... but they will tell hehe...

anyways if you are talking about a slapshot from hell, thats Al MacInnis and not Joe Nieuwendiyk or whatever the spelling of his name his. the avs have got the second best "slapshot from hell" title which is rob blake. they have the quickest wrist with joe sakic, and the winnignest goalie pat roy. they have ray bourque who just da bomb, chris drury and Milan Hejduk. if the avs win the cup. i think bourques gonna retire, sakic will stay as well as roy, and blake too. hejduk and drury will stay too hopefully, maybe the only player they can sacrifice is alex tanguay... or de vries... hmmm... its hard for the avs... well, if jagr will be traded, avs can get him, remove hejduk and tanguay.. but i guess they wont do that...

if they lose, it will be maybe that bourque will not retire, blake will stay or either sakic. they will let someone go. patrick roy i think will still be their no.1 goalie.

just wanted to share

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 09:10 AM   #48
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

game three:

COL 3

NJ 1

Avanlanche leads series 2-1

too bad... too bad... wehehehehehe

GO AVS!!!!

------------------

Old 06-01-2001, 09:55 AM   #49
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
well after watching game 3 i have three words

I..HATE..ROY

Damnit!! I hate him!! I dont know why,mabye its cause he just beats (the hell) outta New Jersy.ARRGHH!!

Well as for the trading talk gose,If the avs win,Borque will retire,Sakic and Blake will stay,Hejduk (sp) might be traded as well as Alex Tang somthing or other.Oh and of course Roy will stay (UGGG)

As for the stars,well,I,too, am surprised they went to even too two.

As for Jagr,weeeelll,If he gose anywhere i hope its Dallas,,,or New Jersy,hehe
Old 06-01-2001, 05:12 PM   #50
Keryvian
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
well, shanahan was pretty useless, and the redwings are OLD. they have to have freshies.. thats what the avs have vs. the rest of the NHL, finding talent in nowhere land...
Actually, this is something New Jersey has too. Both teams are very good at drafting and then developing talented players. When The Hockey News was rating the depth of the various teams prospects, both Colorado and New Jersey were at or near the top of the list.

------------------
Nid yw'r hoff o lyfr yn fyr o gyfaill.