Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2004, 10:16 AM   #11
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Okay, found something:

How to remove Mywebsearch:

Instructions on how to remove Mysearch, aka Mywebsearch, My Search Bar, My Way Speedbar:

To uninstall Mysearch first close all open browser windows. Then click 'Start' menu, then select 'Control Panel' and open the 'Add/Remove Programs' option. Find "My Search Bar" in the list of programs, and click 'Change/Remove' and follow the prompts to remove them. Other components to look for and remove are:

* My Way Speedbar (Smiley Central or other FWP as applicable)
* My Way Speedbar (AOL and Yahoo Messengers) (beta users only)
* My Way Speedbar (Outlook, Outlook Express, and IncrediMail)
* Search Assistant - My Way
* My Web Search (Smiley Central or FWP product as applicable)

This procedure should completely remove Mysearch. If you have any problems or to be certain all its components have been removed, scan your system with an adware removal utility such as Noadware. Noadware can automatically remove Mysearch as well as any adware or spyware that may be lurking on your system. Noadware also provides a 24/7 technical support team should you run into any difficulties removing MySearch with their product.

And click here to get the unistaller for isearch:

Added:
Or try this to get rid of MyWebsearch:

MWSOEMON.EXE - MyWebSearch Spyware

Mwsoemon.exe installs with a newer variant of the MyWebSearch spyware program. Generally, a browser helper ojbect called mwsbar.dll will install at the same time.The toolbar does add search features but the search results you see will be hijacked to mywebsearch.com.

MWSOEMON shown on the task manager ( Press Ctrl-Alt-Del ), then try to end the task of the process mwsoemon.

Uninstall Myway MySpeedbar from Control Panel> Add/Remove programs. It might be called 'My Search Bar', 'MyWay Speed Bar' or 'My Web Search Bar', Click 'Remove' for what you find. Also remove 'Fun Web Products Easy Installer' if it is present.

If not you can remove them manually by running Regedit and find MWSOEMON and delete the key.

Restart computer and Find/Delete MWSOEMON.EXE.

[ 05-31-2004, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 05-31-2004, 10:33 AM   #12
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

good luck.. and hope you learned your lesson in at least getting a firewall like zone alarm and at least 1 anti-spyware program installed

i have a firewall, antivirus and 2 anti-spyware programs. learning from my mistakes

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-31-2004, 10:34 AM   #13
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

umm, serious problem, I tried the link, still get the does not exsist thing, and then it locked me out of here for a little bit, as for the zone alarm, was planning on getting it, really I was
Old 05-31-2004, 10:39 AM   #14
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Ok, LAST try.

1. GO to http://texturizer.net/firefox/download.html and download a copy of Mozilla Firefox 0.8

2. Install it and browse the internet with it. Then try the remover link or get a copy of Spybot to remove the pesky browser hijackers.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:44 AM   #15
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

If you still can't, download the whatever thing you need in another computer and then transfer the file into your computer. If the file is not big floopy will do but if it's big you may need the removeable hd to do it.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:46 AM   #16
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

There is another way, but it involves going into the registry, go to Localmachine->software->windows->Vgroup. It should be there if I linked you to the right place (but on this computer I cant access the registry so give me 1hour and I can confirm. Anyway, when you get there just delete the stuff which is under the subheadings.

Also you can manually search for them and delete them, they are in the windows folder.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:52 AM   #17
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
If you still can't, download the whatever thing you need in another computer and then transfer the file into your computer. If the file is not big floopy will do but if it's big you may need the removeable hd to do it.
Which reminds me, get your hubby to download those uninstaller and Spybot USING his laptop and burn it onto a CD. Install Spybot from the CD or the unistall tool.

Once you got rid of the hikackers for good, whack him in the head as hard as you can without getting sued.

[ 05-31-2004, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 05-31-2004, 10:54 AM   #18
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

still will not let me go to the links, said the connection was denied I give up, time to burn the computer
Old 05-31-2004, 10:55 AM   #19
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Which reminds me, get your hubby to download those uninstaller and Spybot USING his laptop and burn it onto a CD. Install Spybot from the CD or the unistall tool.

Once you got rid of the hikackers for good, whack him in the head as hard as you can without getting sued.
[/QUOTE]now you remind me of such a simple soluition [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2004, 10:59 AM   #20
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Right, time to go to work. Remember, a good rolled up newspaper is an effective tool for whacking stupid spouses and pets. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 05-31-2004, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]