Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 05-31-2007, 10:59 PM   #221
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hey guys...just got in from work and need to go to bed now because of having to get up at 6am to get my car into the shop as soon as they open so I can have it repaired in time to get to work tomorrow afternoon. I'll catch up on the posts as soon as I can. As for the searches...I'll go ahead and tell you now so you can continue to search...if you think there is reason to...not saying that you have to...

Searching the boulders yielded the discovery of the carcass of some kind of small cat, long dead. There is nothing of interest with the club that Xaver picked up either. In fact, that is all that this room has to offer, and this room is at the back of the cavern.

Make your posts reflect these discoveries as you see fit.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:43 PM   #222
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Didn't mean to rush you ZFR, just really wanted to see what was hidden under those boulders. I knew there would be SOMETHING - at least now we have something to feed to Sever.
Kazilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:51 AM   #223
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #224
ZFR
Legion Symbol

So, are we using the "you die when you have -10HP" or "you die when you have 0HP" rule?
Old 06-03-2007, 08:12 AM   #225
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
So, are we using the "you die when you have -10HP" or "you die when you have 0HP" rule?
I have always done death at 0, and I think Cyril is of like mind, but I'll let him correct me if I am mistaken.

I got in after 11pm last night because of being Saturday night we had to switch all the tags in my department for new prices and now I have to rush off to a conference at church in about an hour. Hopefully tonight, I'll be engaged with the game again.

I see Cyril has made it back to us! YAY!
Old 06-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #226
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For the most part in game when character death has happened neither rule has been necessary. Larry is correct, however, about previous practice in the game being, on those few occasions where it has arisen, to use zero hit points as the threshold for character death.

Personally I rather like the added touch of drama that an unconscious and near-death character brings to certain situations and would be open to a bit of flexibilty here - depending on the game situation.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #227
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I agree with Cyril, and remind everyone that LoF has always been a flexible game to accomodate what we feel is the best RP experience for us all.

By the way...just let me add that I wish for Xaver, Pandaros and Sever to remain in the cave and not leave it until I can have the chance to post something for you.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:20 AM   #228
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Some scouts I've got in my party. The DM has to tell them where to look for loot
Old 06-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #229
ZFR
Legion Symbol

"Yes let's get out of here. Definately no treasures in this cave, no Siree. We can camp outside and the two of you can rest. Er... I just might go again into the cave while you rest, to uh... check if there are still any ettins in there, we forgot to kill. Nothing for you to worry about... " [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Just kidding there, I'll put up a proper post in the IC thread.

[ 06-06-2007, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 06-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #230
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hey, you guys cannot miss the most recent 8-bit theatre!

http://www.nuklearpower.com/latest.php

The old guy pulls a move that the Shadow Mage (formerly known as Larry the Mad Mod) used to do back in the days when LoF was young. He has the power to do whatever he wants and erases BM's dialogue to put in what he wants.