Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2002, 02:24 PM   #1
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

hello, after asking all my friends (the fountain of useless knowledge) and coming out with nothing i guessed you guys can help me.k i was trying to open a file and accidentally left that lil 'openall files with this ...' and now i dont use that anymore i deleted so how do i change it?normally i just change the 'open with..' option but it doesnt seem to be there.
thanks for ne help.
Felix
Old 07-28-2002, 02:31 PM   #2
Moni

Assuming you are using Windows OS
Use explorer and go to View, Folder Options and File types...hunt down the type of file you are trying to open and edit it to open with the program you need it to open with...your open with option should return to the right click when that's done...you may have to add a new type if you that far.

[ 07-28-2002, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-28-2002, 02:42 PM   #3
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

hi moni come to help me again, erm yeh your directions i dont rele know what u mean! i thuink we had this convo b4, oh well.
Felix
Old 07-28-2002, 03:02 PM   #4
Moni

Sorry for the confusion!

From your start menu, go to programs and "Windows Explorer"

When it opens, up on he top left, click on
View" and go down to folder options and click on that.

In that window click on File Types and you can scroll down a list of current file types in your PC.

If the file type you are trying to open is there, click on edit, then on "New" underneath the action window and you can browse your system for the program (.exe) you need to open the file with...you will need to type in "open" as the new type of action you are editing in.

If the file type is not listed, click on New type, add the extension and edit in a new action ("open") same as above. When you get the file to open with the program, your PC should fill in the blanks for the file type but not always.

If you just the file type added, your "open with" option from your right click should be back and you can make your PC do all the rest.

I hope you get your problem fixed! Sorry again if this doesn't make sense but it is hard to explain when you can't actually see what I am doing as I try to explain it to you!

Old 07-28-2002, 03:25 PM   #5
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

well i cant bluddy well change it, ill get me mate to do it when he comes round.
Felix
Old 07-28-2002, 03:27 PM   #6
Lord Shield

try jumping hup and down at it and waving a stick at it. it works for me