Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-19-2003, 09:58 AM   #1
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Okay I know that you can (In theory) play a multiplayer game and create and control all six players yourself if that is your hearts desire...this concept has a certain amount of appeal to me but unfortunately I am either struck down by feeblemind or some other malady or I just don't really know the process to make this happen...can one of you...or many of you if the mood strikes you...help me out on this?????

by the way I believe that creating six people would be silly because that would mean dropping your made characters in order to do character specific quests... So I believe that four would be the maximum number of created characters to play in one game....Agree diagree let me know?
Old 11-19-2003, 10:06 AM   #2
ryaldin
Elminster

Kudos to Pirengle for this:

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle (in an older thread):
You can make your own party by starting a multiplayer game with a serial (not TCP/IP) connection. Create all six party members, and click on the skull icons next to each one to tell the game that all six party member slots have been filled. Start the game. Once the beginning cutscene is over and you've dealt with Imoen, save the game. Quit BG2, and move that save file out of your multiplayer save game folder ("mplayer" in your BG2 directory) and into your singleplayer save game folder ("save" in your BG2 directory). Start BG2, and you should be able to load your formerly multiplayer saved game as a singleplayer.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:33 PM   #3
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Pirengle's got it pretty much covered, though ive always made it with TCP/IP...I also think that the multiplayer save game folder is "MPSAVE", not "MPLAYER"...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 01:25 PM   #4
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Yup, it's MPSAVE. MPLAYER is a junk folder the BG2 install creates in the SoA directory.