Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-07-2002, 04:04 PM   #1
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I've started a new game after I botched up my Sorcerer (picked bad spells) and am now a neutral evil beserker and this time also have Korgan in my party full time (he rocks!) and I've done a few quests
The circus tent
Talking sword quest
slaver quest
Nalias keep(got the stronghold)
Anyway I've now headed to the graveyard to do the quests there and korgan wants me to find the book of Kaza but I can't find it anywere where is it it's driving me insane?! Please help.
Old 07-07-2002, 05:35 PM   #2
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

*spoiler*
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Go inside the place named on the map 'entrance to tombs' or something like that. Once you get inside, explore the map, and somewhere to the south there will be a doorway called 'entrance to lower tombs'. Go inside, but you will be ambushed by all different types of undead as soon as you walk through. Beware, there are also lost of traps in that room also! Find a secret door, it will lead to a corridor, where (surprise) there are more undead. Keep going south along the corridor, beware of the traps though. There are a lot of undead too, a cleric in the party really helps (turn undead). Soon you will come to a separate room filled with more undead and a crypt that has been opened, where the book of Kaza was. It was stolen though! This will initiate a dialogue with Korgan, and he will tell you what to do next.
Old 07-07-2002, 06:22 PM   #3
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks Willard I've just discovered where to go it was actually rather easy I should have noticed. Now I went to the entrance to the lower tombs and Korgan said the book was nearby I then went in the door were we were ambused by undead. Unfortunatly I'm now having some problems with this group of undead. The main problem is that they attack from all angles and my weaker characters are exposed and get killed. Both Nalia and Yoshimo always die and I don't have anyway to raise dead yet and I don't have much gold to pay a temple, so does anyone have any ways of dealing with alot of undead? One thing to note is I tried turning undead but it didn't work fast enough.
Old 07-07-2002, 06:38 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I have NEVER liked that group of Undead--yeah, they just love to go for your weaker characters, don't they? Try:

1) Use Invisibility 10' Radius on any party members you want to leave out of the fight, or have them drink Potions of Invisibility. That should work. Remember to turn off their AI as well, or they'll attack and become Visible again.

2) You know the little doors? You can open the first ones on each side before the Undead appear. I sent my whole party into one of the little closets inside, except for my Undead Hunter, and closed the door. When my U.H. woke everyone up, my party was in a little room with a single Wight, which my substitute Tanks dispatched quickly. After that, the problem was over.
Old 07-07-2002, 09:48 PM   #5
Ctenas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The undead won´t attack until you advance a litlle inside the room. Use Yoshimos traps before advancing and concentrate on the ghouls first , then you can divide your party among the undead left. Use lots of spells and remember to keep turning undead on if you have a cleric that is not very good in fighting (otherwise he will be more useful in the front)

Last tip. Do not advance a lot because the end of the corridor is full of traps and there is a vampirer there (a real killer in this part of the game)
Ctenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 09:58 PM   #6
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Not a vampire, Ctenas, a Vampyre! Sheesh! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

j/k
Old 07-08-2002, 02:45 AM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

A cleric with Turn Undead should work wonders in this situation. Just make sure the cleric is on a decent level like 10 or 11.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 07:19 AM   #8
Maxamus
Manshoon

if you can find one, but soem false dawn scrolls. Have a weak cleric use those (or is that a wizard spell?) and that is a good technique for that first group

Also, if you have vic, keep trying turn undead, shes evil, so the undead might coem ionto your side
Old 07-08-2002, 12:43 PM   #9
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks for the help guys I managed to beat them. I made Nalia invisible and hid Yoshimo out of the way I then triggered the undead to appear then Korgan, my pc beserker and Anomen beat them up. It wasn't to difficult after all if you hide your weak party members away. I've now completed all the quests in the graveyard district and am about to head to the temple district to see if the books there. Once again the help is much appreciated, thanks!