Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 05-12-2002, 11:51 PM   #1
Icebane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey all,
I am going to upgrade to ToB soon... Is it better then SoA? I am not sure whether I should unless it gives you more.
Icebane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 03:34 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

IMO it is better [img]smile.gif[/img] Does that help? The actual ToB part isnt as good as SoA but all together it is better
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 06:59 AM   #3
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

watchers keep is a plus even if you dont want to play tOb. tob is nothin but a bunch of hard bosses to kill over and over. no real quests like soa
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:06 AM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by theifprowess:
watchers keep is a plus even if you dont want to play tOb. tob is nothin but a bunch of hard bosses to kill over and over. no real quests like soa
I dont think I fully agree to this, as it isnt just for the killing, it's for actually to stop the chaos in the world, and fulfill your destiny as a Bhaalspawn. So it is a plot in it, and that plot is good enough to make a really good add-on out of ToB. This is atleast my opinion of it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 10:11 AM   #5
Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
Elminster

the plotline is not quite so defined in the middle. at one point, you go into the middle of the desert, and a main character is like, "there are some mean people, one here and one there. now leave me alone." it kinda makes you feel like you need to kill something, but i never really felt any motivation to do so, other than finishing the game.

EDIT: it is quite fun, though, and the upgrading of weapons and items is cool. there is a +5 or better constructed weapon for each proficiency, (except katanas and darts) and a special item for each class. (even though most of them are helmets or gloves) the SoA portion is more interesting, but it is rewarding to finally finish the saga.

minor ToB spoiler...
V

when storming Sendai's enclave, i felt really sorry for her. this big powerful guy is invading, and breaking down all of her defenses, killing all of her guards, and she just gets more and more panicked. it really made me almost want to stop playing. almost. Abazigal was much easier to defeat on an intellectual level, because he wasn't so frightened of death.

[ 05-13-2002, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs ]
Old 05-13-2002, 09:33 PM   #6
Icebane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

so you ever get to uses Bhaal's powers?
Old 05-13-2002, 11:41 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs:
minor ToB spoiler...
V
when storming Sendai's enclave, i felt really sorry for her. this big powerful guy is invading, and breaking down all of her defenses, killing all of her guards, and she just gets more and more panicked. it really made me almost want to stop playing. almost. Abazigal was much easier to defeat on an intellectual level, because he wasn't so frightened of death.
Actually it caused me to laugh maniacally, but I guess we think different.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 12:02 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Icebane:
so you ever get to uses Bhaal's powers?
There is a patch at Baldurdash. It restores the abilities you are supposed to get in ToB.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 01:11 AM   #9
Icebane
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I recieved it today, playing it later.. is it very long.. How many playable hours in it are there?
In SoA I recently aquired the ability to turn into the Slayer at will. Does that make you evil?