Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2001, 10:47 AM   #21
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Good point. But most stupid f**cks dont look at it that way

That goes for using f**k as well. That was very disrespectful to Saz's post GR..

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-07-2001, 11:00 AM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I agree Saz, I usually close a thread or delete a post only if it's just blatantly rude or has countless amount of cusswords..

As most of you know, I don't censor any words here--never have. I figure everyone is mature enough to understand when and how to use one of those words in a 'correct' way, and not just spout it out in every other word. Sometimes you want to curse to get your 'feeling' through, and I understand that, I do that as well.. but cussing JUST to cuss is frowned upon by most here, and just makes the user look bad and takes away from what they are trying to say in their post..

I think everyone has been doing an awesome job though!! Remember, if you DO see someone posting using lots of cuss words for no reason, PLEASE let me know asap. I usually warn people first, then if that doesn't work, IP ban them.

Thanks for that post Saz! --and ALL Mod's: You've been doing such a great job, you don't know how much it means to me for all the help you guys have given me and others here!! Hats off to ya!!
hehe.. well, I had to! You needed a hug and a smooch... I'm able to determine that because Memsy says I post controversial escapist things...HAHAHHAA... so here I am being controversially escapist and turning this into a LOVE OUR WEBMEISTER fest...HAHAHA...er..ok, uh... topic..what WAS the topic...oh yah....

I agree, I don't mind seeing the 'cussing' language once in a while when the circumstances dictate but I DO mind when it's every other word and/or directed at someone in particular or their ideas.

As with Fljotsdale, I find certain words distasteful in general but have on occasion used them myself, when heavily stressed (verbally, not in print) so I don't say they shouldn't ever be used, just with restraint.

As for the mods, I agree wholeheartedly! They do a good job and that's a load off our Webmaster's shoulders, as it should be! Bravo and to all the mods! (hehe..Wyvern doesn't come here much, but she can have a *hug* if she'd rather! )

Cloudykins

ps: Dan that mystery rock tradmark thing is driving me nuts! LOL

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-07-2001, 11:03 AM   #23
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
That goes for using f**k as well. That was very disrespectful to Saz's post GR..

Ziroc using his teeth
Scary...

------------------
I Am The SunGod
Here To Enlighten You

Old 09-07-2001, 12:43 PM   #24
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Terms of Service... Do not ignore these rules...Read them before you click 'yes'

Be Clean: Adhere to decency and refrain from abusive or hateful language, while cussing isn't censored, please don't direct the words towards someone in a hateful or demeaning way.
This is what rule number one states.
As long as the curse is not directed at a person, you are telling a new person that they can curse as much as they want to.
I suggest you change this rule for CLARITY to avoid future newcomers from having trouble.

If you do not change the rule, you cannot ask anyone to lighten up on the cussing, just as long as the word is not used as an attack.

------------------

Father of the wickedly cute child known as MaryBeth

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 12:48 PM   #25
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

This is what rule number one states.
As long as the curse is not directed at a person, you are telling a new person that they can curse as much as they want to.
I suggest you change this rule for CLARITY to avoid future newcomers from having trouble.

If you do not change the rule, you cannot ask anyone to lighten up on the cussing, just as long as the word is not used as an attack.

I agree, Larry. Ziroc, can the rule be rewritten to be a little less confusing?

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 04:54 PM   #26
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

What if I were from England, and I came on here and said...
Blimey! You bloody, blooming, bloaks!!!
Would that be bad???

------------------

Father of the wickedly cute child known as MaryBeth
Old 09-07-2001, 05:02 PM   #27
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
What if I were from England, and I came on here and said...
Blimey! You bloody, blooming, bloaks!!!
Would that be bad???

*coughs*

It's spelt 'Blokes' FYI.

*walks off, shaking his head*

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

[This message has been edited by Sharpedge (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 05:05 PM   #28
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well, i prefer to use little words i made up to replace cuss words myself. things like nertz will really help, but might make it just a bit confusing (kinda like Marklar being used for every noun), which is why i try to avoid swearing if at all possible.

and... err... four letter words? would you happen to mean ANY four letter word? and dont you think its rather odd that 'three' is a 5 letter word and 'six' is a 3 letter word?

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-07-2001, 05:12 PM   #29
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Quite right. As a leader of "The League of Terminological Rectitude (Caledonian Chapter)", I say fornicate all those who use bad language indiscriminately in posts. It just sets a bad example.

As for myself, I hope Ziroc or one of his moderator colleagues will strike me with the power of a cosmic thunderbolt if I am ever tempted to use intemperate language here........

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 05:43 PM   #30
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hoi Saz! I see you hold the flag high as usual! To aid in the battle agaisnt the four letter word that starts with f.. Here are some alternatives.. I mean f**k is pretty obvious...

Bugger Nice sounding word. Ask the english!
Frag.. Similiar and doesn´t take that much of concentration to write instead. (shadowrun inspired)
Blasted.. (OKI, I´m a Swede so if any of these words actually are really bad, I hope you gonna tell me so I don´t have to look too stupid ok)
NGHHH (How do you sound when you are angry and frustrated??)

OKI, some simpel ideas. They carry your meaning, yet in a little better way. Best thing is to be cool and cool down and write something more correct, but sometimes that is hard.. I know

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper