Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

....But it seems everyone on IW has a beast of a system so do we really need them before I type 'em all out?

It is possible to get this game running on (geforce)ti's, fx and (radeon) 9xxx cards but with minimal settings and a 'hack' to the games' shaders, forcing use of older shading effects (I don't notice a visual difference).

There are also some .ini tweaks also that help performance (I used these just for the extra boost).

Oh and that FX issue, I have heard of some fixes for it although not sure if they actually 'fix' for sure.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:21 AM   #2
Tyrion
Quintesson

Oh please type them out, because im running ti4400 and everything is white...im in the process of persuading my mom to buy a new machine, but it may take a while (I said we didint need one a month ago).
I tried the game but everything was white
Old 03-26-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Download this program http://atomizer.sux2b.us/screenshots...4ShaderMod.rar

It uses the older shaders with Obivion that your card can produce. The white textures you are getting are the lack of shading and your texture levels being set too high. You need to extract it and run it EVERY time you start the game. Try it on low resolution and low textures first and then work from there. If you get good fps you may be able to higher your settings a little. I wouldn't hope for much though with that card...this is a taxing game. Let me know how it goes.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Let us all know.
InjaYew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:55 PM   #5
The Kiwi
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
....But it seems everyone on IW has a beast of a system so do we really need them before I type 'em all out?

It is possible to get this game running on (geforce)ti's, fx and (radeon) 9xxx cards but with minimal settings and a 'hack' to the games' shaders, forcing use of older shading effects (I don't notice a visual difference).

Oh and that FX issue, I have heard of some fixes for it although not sure if they actually 'fix' for sure.
I find that opening sentence rather thought- provoking. OK, I took a pause right there and re-scanned the front page forum index, and it's much as I remembered it last. A lot of CRPG's. No shooters, no platform jumpering, side-scrolling, console-derived twitch & wiggle stuff. I've never NEEDED to have a beast of a PC for my kinds of games. I started playing CRPG's practically with the beginning of gaming on the desktop computer, and never have had the newest & latest of hardware.

If I'm that much of a minority now, I'm surprised.

By Wednesday, I hope, I'll have Oblivion running in a different system with twice the RAM and half again more VGA power than at present. But I still may want to copy a game save across the LAN and play from in here sometimes, as well, so any concise, neatly compiled, readily usuable rundown on the things needed for an FX VGA (5900) would help. And if a 9800XT needs anything to help it get around SM 3, then whatever that might be, as well!

Incidentally, the flood of message traffic at Bethsoft's TES IV: O forums isn't slowing down. They have had to go offline again to catch up. So far, they are not attempting to place any new player - originated stickies, either. With the rapid influx of new traffic, any good threads are quickly pushed off the top ten pages.

The Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:15 PM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

And no patches either, I'm surprised and dissapointed.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:53 PM   #7
Tyrion
Quintesson

hmmm, was running ok with no big lags, but it keeps crashing for different reasons, have alredy looked out a new graph card and more ram...not all that exensive