Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-08-2001, 07:54 PM   #11
Moni

Friendly vines, thank goodness! Queens' Crown, I think they are called...lovely little pink flowers and they are all over the place around here! Some go up into the trees...twenty feet high at least for some...the ones I have to remove are mixed live and dead and are wound up in an 8 ft tall tree from their roots a good six feet away from the tree itself...major project to keep from breaking the live stuff and avoiding branches they killed from being neglected for so long from coming down on my head!

I discovered that the ferns we have here are Asian ferns...just beautiful but I was unaware that they grow pretty strong thorns and they are large at the base of the plant...came out of cleaning the rubbish out from underneath them with three really "nice" scratches down my forearm! Was more careful from that point on and finished the rest of the task safely.

Hoping tomorrow is just as nice...weather is unpredictable around here until the summer when you can be sure it will be hot and humid!

Humidity was way low today...just beautiful!

Moni

Old 04-08-2001, 08:14 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Friendly vines, thank goodness! Queens' Crown, I think they are called...lovely little pink flowers and they are all over the place around here! Some go up into the trees...twenty feet high at least for some...the ones I have to remove are mixed live and dead and are wound up in an 8 ft tall tree from their roots a good six feet away from the tree itself...major project to keep from breaking the live stuff and avoiding branches they killed from being neglected for so long from coming down on my head!

I discovered that the ferns we have here are Asian ferns...just beautiful but I was unaware that they grow pretty strong thorns and they are large at the base of the plant...came out of cleaning the rubbish out from underneath them with three really "nice" scratches down my forearm! Was more careful from that point on and finished the rest of the task safely.

Hoping tomorrow is just as nice...weather is unpredictable around here until the summer when you can be sure it will be hot and humid!

Humidity was way low today...just beautiful!

Moni

I would be tempted to keep the vines if they have pink flowers on them! But I know, vines can get very intrusive! I would love to have a place to set up a Wisteria. Ever seen those?

Don't know much about ferns, and definitely never heard of one with thorns. We had about three varieties of ferns at the old house, and there were so many I pulled a lot of them up and threw them in the compost pile. Well, they were so hardy they never died, roots mostly exposed and all!

Here in Virginia this time of year it is usually still cold, and if it does get warm, it usually only gets to around 60. That is why this warm front we are getting is so great because it is "out of the norm"! We really don't get good 80 degree weather and up until late June.

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 08:35 PM   #13
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

(Wah looks outside)

Looks nasty over here, there's gonna be one massive pour down tonight and it looks like the winds are changing again

nevertheless, I'll be drinking hot chocolate indoors and thinking of you all you lucky people out there.

------------------

Greetings mortals, my name is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 04-08-2001, 08:48 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Wah:
(Wah looks outside)

Looks nasty over here, there's gonna be one massive pour down tonight and it looks like the winds are changing again

nevertheless, I'll be drinking hot chocolate indoors and thinking of you all you lucky people out there.

Look on the bright side Wah. At least with the downpour you should be able to sleep well?? I always can when I can hear the rain.

*Ladyzekke" casts Marshmallows on Wha's hot chocolate...

------------------
Old 04-08-2001, 09:05 PM   #15
Moni

Quote:
Originally quoted by ladyzekke;

I would be tempted to keep the vines if they have pink flowers on them!
Oh I plan to keep any that are alive ! It is going to ba a task to seperate them (dead and alive) one from another as well as taking them out of the tree, but I have an extension ladder (LOL) and I plan on stringing the live stuff back up there!

I try not to have to touch the ferns...apparently they are delicate and hard to grow...I would feel horrible if I became responsible for their death!

Wah,
We had enough rain here to bring out the rain lilies early...we don't usually see them until August! They have not bloomed but what is normally dead looking this time of year is green and lush.

I love sleeping with a good rainstorm going, esp with a light mixture of thunder and lightning. Will think of you when I make venison chili this evening...personally I will be eating ice cream LOL but the venison needs cooked.

Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 04-08-2001).]