Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 12-06-2001, 06:52 PM   #1
The Vicker
Welcomed New User

My characters cannot inflict any damage on the final battle with belhifet!! only my Mage using wand of lightning can do any damage.
My fighters are using 3+ weapons and have yet to score a hit in over 20 trys.
Help please!!!!!!!!!!

The Vicker
The Vicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 11:26 PM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

Vicker, as you have seen, this is a tough battle.

Do you have Heart of Winter installed? The reason that I ask is that the installation of HoW makes the final battle of IWD a little tougher.

Regardless, the best way to fight this battle (at least this is the way I've done it most successfully) is as follows:

1. Have your 2 toughest tanks take on the Iron Golems individually and take them down ASAP. This is key. The IG's are a real pain. Kill them, FAST.

2. Have you mage(s) summon the toughest monsters possible to keep Belhefit occupied.

3. After taking down the IG's, arm ALL of your party members with the best ranged weapons possible and spread out and engage Belhefit. Belhefit is strictly a melee fighter. Don't oblige him. Stay away and pepper him. It really helps if you've saved your very best arrows, bolts, and sling bullets for now. Be prepared for Bel. chasing any of your characters. Just run away while the remainder of your party keeps up the arrow barrage.

This tactic really works and it keeps the damage to your own party to a surprising low level.

But remember, it is necessary to kill Bel's allies ASAP!!!
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 11:26 AM   #3
ianwil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I actually took down Belhifet without killing the golems. Basically, you can use the lure trick where they target one of your weakest characters and just keep dashing about the screen...they won't catch up and you can then hammer Belhifet as you see fit.

Just another tactic to consider. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Ian
ianwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 04:12 PM   #4
Alaan the Bold
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found a solution to this tough fight, at least it worked for me! I equipped all of my party with the strongest weapons they had, i.e. no range weapons, all +4 or +5 swords, axes, hammers, etc. I tried to cast haste and fire resistance, but it didn't work once I got into the room, as the demon erased all of those spells. BUT... before I went in, I had my mage/priest memorize all of the healing spells possible.
Anyway, once the battle commenced, I took out the golems first (pretty easy, then went for the demon. Every time the demon backed off, I'd heal my party members, then try to cast haste and so on. I managed to kill him off this way. Don't forget that the demon is resistant to magic, as I remember.
I hope this helps!
I hope this helps!
Alaan the Bold is offline   Reply With Quote