Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-11-2001, 01:30 PM   #1
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Paladins s*ck (BTW if anyone has trouble with the way i choose my word just say it)
why?
yeah ofcourse they are good fighter and all
and there spell can (sometimes) come in handy

BUT WHAT IS THA LAWFUL GOOD ALL ABOUT?
not like every single paladin in history was LG or something
This sux
another thing
Ranger have to be Good
but that is not in AD&D if i'm right

and another thing
what is the website of that new forum?
Old 01-11-2001, 01:53 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Not a shot at me surley?

Reasons why paladins rock:
1) Holy Avenger (need i say more?)
2) Immunities to fire & acid (calvaleir) , can cast dispel magic & true sight(Inquisitor)
or can be immune to hold person and level drain (Undead hunter)
3) Everyone loves you!

Lawful Good is more of a philiosophy than a characters mentality, they pursue things that help the greater good and drive out forces which would threaten to harm or overthrow the unsteady surface of the peace we live in.

Has anyone ever thought how much necromancers s*ck?????
Or fairy dragons???
Old 01-11-2001, 01:59 PM   #3
Jon the Hell Caster

This is my reply to Jerome,
I just want a little editorial balance here. Let's review the errors in Cadet Jerome's statements in order. First, one could make a strong argument that Jerome's message is apparently that genocide, slavery, racism, and the systematic oppression, degradation, and exploitation of most of the world's people are all thoroughly justified.

What I just wrote is not based on merely a single experience or anecdote. Rather, it is based upon the wisdom of accumulated years, spanning two continents, and proven by the fact that he has certainly never given evidence of thinking extensively. Or at all, for that matter. Similarly, no matter how bad you think Jerome's sermons are, I assure you that they are far, far worse than you think.

The space remaining in this letter will not suffice even to enumerate the ways in which Jerome has tried to conspire with evil. What if we collectively just told his shills, "Sure, go ahead and subject human beings to indignities. Have fun!"? That would be worse than disagreeable; it would rely on the psychological effects of terror to magnify the localized effects of Jerome's pronouncements so that, like a stone hurled into a pool of water, shock waves ripple from the epicenter of his attacks to the furthest reaches of the Earth. The issue of what to do about alarmism-oriented cheapskates is a hopelessly tangled and complicated issue, impossible to discuss due to the intensity with which each side holds its beliefs. That's pretty transparent. What's not so transparent is the answer to the following question: Why doesn't he point a critical finger at himself for a change? A clue might be that I see how important his crass imprecations are to his buddies and I laugh. I laugh because we must understand that his only motivation is a malignant attachment to wealth and power. And we must formulate that understanding into as clear and cogent a message as possible.

People who are attacked by perverted loathsome bigamists basically have three options. They can ignore the attacks, engage the attackers in a debate, or apply some sanction which will put an end to the attack. Does Jerome have a point? I indeed doubt it. He likes to have difficult social issues presented to him in simple, black-and-white terms. Although others may disagree with that claim, few would dispute that my general thesis is that if I have a bias, it is only against meretricious stuck-up weirdos who ridicule, parody, censor, and downgrade opposing ideas. I'll talk a lot more about that later, but first let me finish my general thesis: I believe I have finally figured out what makes people like him pilfer the national treasure. It appears to be a combination of an overactive mind, lack of common sense, assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to the real world. This march into irrational revanchism is not happening by mere chance. It is not, as many soulless frightful yobbos insist, the result of the natural, inevitable course of things. It is happening as a direct result of Jerome's sick musings.

What's interesting is that almost every day, Jerome outreaches himself in setting new records for arrogance, deceit, and greed. It's decidedly breathtaking to watch him. If I seem a bit conceited, it's only because I'm trying to communicate with him on his own level. I don't normally want to expose anyone to rigorous sarcasm, satire and disdain, but Jerome unmistakably deserves it. When a political condition of greed, massive corruption, and diversity of objective is coupled to a social condition of drugs, violence, and discontent, therein exists the perfect environment for Jerome to impose a "glass ceiling" that limits our opportunities for promotions in most jobs.

While I believe that he has every right to his worthless opinions, it's really not bloody-mindedness that compels me to find the common ground that enables others to search for solutions that are more creative and constructive than the typically pathological ones championed by illogical perverts. It's my sense of responsibility to you, the reader. It's easy for armchair philosophers to theorize about him and about hypothetical solutions to our Jerome problem. It's an entirely more difficult matter, however, when one considers that if I withheld my feelings on this matter, I'd be no less blockish than Jerome. Now the surprising news: His method (or school, or ideology -- it is hard to know exactly what to call it) goes by the name of "Jerome-ism". It is a repressive and avowedly birdbrained philosophy that aims to reduce human beings to the status of domestic animals. His cajoleries cannot stand on their own merit. That's why they're dependent on elaborate artifices and explanatory stories to convince us that Jerome is always being misrepresented and/or persecuted.

His spin doctors want to increase society's cycle of hostility and violence for one purpose and one purpose only: to make conditions far worse than could ever have been the case without his deluded efforts. When we make technical preparations for the achievement of freedom and human independence, we are not only threading our way through a maze of competing interests; we are weaving the very pattern of our social fabric. It's not just the lunatic fringe that's in Jerome's corner; a number of previously respectable people have recently begun backing him.

If you understand that the excuses that Jerome's bedfellows are so proud of are woefully deranged, then you can comprehend that you may make the comment, "What does this have to do with the most ostentatious slobs you'll ever see?" Well, once you begin to see the light, you'll realize that in order to stop the Huns at the gate, we must address the real issues faced by mankind. And that's just the first step. Remember, someone has been giving Jerome's brain a very thorough washing, and now Jerome is trying to do the same to us. It may seem obvious, but Jerome can't possibly believe that he is merely trying to make this world a better place in which to live. He's stupid, but he's not that stupid. Many people are shocked when I tell them that I am astonished by how little integrity and good judgment he possesses. And I'm shocked that so many people are shocked. You see, I had thought everybody already knew that he claims that obstreperous meatheads are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes. That claim is preposterous and, to use Jerome's own language, overtly dishonest. No history can justify it. Let me put it this way: if Jerome gets his way, none of us will be able to hinder the power of baleful nobodies like him. Therefore, we must not let Jerome hasten the destruction of our civilization.

He does not want to jump on everything that is written, said, or even implied and label it as either condescending or logorrheic because he is out-of-touch, pestiferous, pompous, and uncontrollable (though, granted, Jerome is all of the aforementioned), but rather because Jerome proclaims at every opportunity that he'd never fill the air with recrimination and rancor. The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks. This raises the question: Is he just trying to fund a vast web of dotty protestors, biased reprobates, and yellow-bellied louts? Whatever the answer, everybody is probably familiar with the cliche that we must steer clear of simplistic, monocausal explanations and mythic bogeymen. Well, there's a lot of truth in that cliche.

Although Jerome would like us to believe that he has mystical powers of divination and prophecy, he has given us neither good reason nor credible evidence to believe that. His plans for the future, on the other hand, give us good reason to believe that he accuses me of being narrow-minded. Does he maintain I'm narrow-minded because I refuse to accept his claim that it is not only acceptable, but indeed desirable, to provide support to backwards banana republics and their pigheaded dictators? If so, then I guess I'm as narrow-minded as I could possibly be. On rare occasions, in order to preserve their liberties, sometimes people must leave a generation of people planted in the mud of a loquacious world, to begin a new life in the shadows of corporatism. Jerome does that even when his liberties aren't being threatened. He has called innocent children diabolic crapulous soi-disant do-gooders to their faces. This was not a momentary aberration or a slip of the tongue, and hence, we can safely say that it's our responsibility to enable all people to achieve their potential as human beings. That's the first step in trying to give him a rhadamanthine warning not to sell quack pharmaceutical supplies (and you should be suspicious whenever you hear such tell-tale words and phrases as "breakthrough", "miracle", "secret remedy", "exclusive", and "clinical studies prove that..."), and it's the only way to shed a little light on some of the ignorant prejudices that reside within his pea-sized brain. To summarize my views: The disreputable nature of Cadet Jerome's bromides distracts us from the real lessons we could learn from a rigorous critique of Jerome's subliminal psywar campaigns.

Old 01-11-2001, 02:17 PM   #4
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Yeah like i'm gonna read that
maybe compress it a bit
BTW jerome just check the subtitle
untill you stop flaming at Fairy dragons (they are really cute)
i keep on flaming on our own "i'm good no wait let's be evil" Paladin (that's you)
Old 01-11-2001, 02:27 PM   #5
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

i kinda got bored reading that about halfway through.

Whatever the allegations i'll say yes! you don't have to throw the dictionary at me!
Old 01-11-2001, 02:38 PM   #6
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

You know Jerome maybe whe are just to young
Old 01-11-2001, 02:49 PM   #7
Jon the Hell Caster

hehe Jerome I got that from an attomatic complaint generator.

Old 01-11-2001, 02:54 PM   #8
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Hey c'mon i'm fifteen (well i will be in april)!!!

I cant sit for five minutes without rushing off to watch a rerun of "Buffy"!
Wait till im older THEN i beat the crap outta ya with my words.....
Old 01-11-2001, 03:05 PM   #9
Jon the Hell Caster

well I am only 14! And still I can use words better then you!

Old 01-11-2001, 03:05 PM   #10
Jon the Hell Caster

Hey wait what day is your birthday?> My birthday is also in april!!!