Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 06-09-2003, 02:56 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yes I'm thinking this is it. Good job Ziroc.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:57 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

probably mine too, but a question, will we still be able to play the Undermountain mod, after we install SoU?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 03:02 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
probably mine too, but a question, will we still be able to play the Undermountain mod, after we install SoU?
Here is how Bioware said it'll work:

If the SERVER (ME) has SoU installed, you also need it.
If YOU have SoU installed, and SERVER doesn't, you can play it--you can also play your prestige classed on a non-SoU server too!

I will get a copy of SoU the day it's out, but I won't run it as a server until I give everyone enough time to get a copy, and install it.

I personally can't wait till I can use those new placables (Ivy, new rocks, and weeds.. ) Lots of other goodies too!

[ 06-09-2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 03:03 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Only if Z upgrades to SOU, which I assume he will be.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:08 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
If YOU have SoU installed, and SERVER doesn't, you can play it--you can also play your prestege classed on a non-SoU server too!
How though? New feats, new spells that only SOU has could never be brought into a standard NWN's game...unless they're gonna do it like, when you enter a non-SOU module as a new prestige class you become a simplified version of that class (??).
Old 06-09-2003, 03:19 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
quote:
If YOU have SoU installed, and SERVER doesn't, you can play it--you can also play your prestege classed on a non-SoU server too!
How though? New feats, new spells that only SOU has could never be brought into a standard NWN's game...unless they're gonna do it like, when you enter a non-SOU module as a new prestige class you become a simplified version of that class (??). [/QUOTE]The next NWN patch will make it all work according to the Bioware forums and it is scheduled for release the same week as SOU.
Old 06-09-2003, 03:50 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
quote:
How though? New feats, new spells that only SOU has could never be brought into a standard NWN's game...unless they're gonna do it like, when you enter a non-SOU module as a new prestige class you become a simplified version of that class (??). [/QUOTE]Patch v1.30 will allow it--should be released same time SoU is out..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 11:34 PM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

How fricken cool! They REALLY needed to do that...this way we can all still pay a visit to our old faves and not worry about them upgrading..nice one .

I'm just having trouble getting my head round HOW exactly they're going to do this. I mean new spells for example, a mage can come into a regular NWN's mod and whip out an SOU spell?? If that is the case then the new patch would have to have a large amount of SOU material in it. Granted, they would never be able to choose these new classes but dosen't that kinda defeat the purpose of selling off a new expansion when most people who don't buy it would be getting alot of the new material anyway?

This is speculation on my part, I still need to go check out the forums and ask my own questions on exactly how this is gonna work out but hey, in the long run it all sounds great as the well-feared scenario of the MPer world being lonley as hell and confined to only those who have SOU will never be.

[ 06-09-2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]