Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 10:50 AM   #1
dragon2005
The Magister

well i got (6)face to face with lord cet and the fight was on.
only 2 charictors hurte him the one with the mavin and the one with the liches pole.

i hade only haset spell on my charictors and the athere ones did nothing not even magic.

i killed him and he did nothing he didnt even kill one of my charrictors(there was level 19 all).

he was really lame and the hardest fight i hade in all of the game was with the naga queen in the surpent temple.

so the fineel fight was really easy evan in the most difficalt playing level.

and in the pyramid i found so many schrools with life speel or armegadon or reabuth. i never use schrolse and just sell theme, but i thoth that set will be hared and i will have to save all the schrols for the incaunter with him, i was very dissapointed.

and what is the thing with the holy water?
so mauch holy water to use only one of it on kerah?
or was i suposed to use it on cet to?

and the zen master wasnot that good as every one discrabe him, he was o.k
and the only thing he was good at was that he lurned vine speels to cure my posin( that late in the game i got the vine craft and sense then i wasenty poisend even ones).

the besset charrictor is definatly the samuray he was great and the greates to play with.
dragon2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 11:35 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

CONGRATS, dragon2005!!!

You're quite correct that there are only two weapons that can actually hurt Cet - the Mavin and the Lich's staff.

The battle with Cet is rather lame (sigh). I personally found my first encounter with the Mantraps harder than Cet.

I believe there were a lot of things left in Cet's pyramid which were for the original design of the game - not the version that got released. Many things were cut out to get the game on the market. Perhaps in the original design for the game Cet was much harder.

Holy Water has other possible uses besides being used on Kerah (I never tried it on Cet - I suspect that Holy Water does nothing to him) so it may be that they put so many empty flasks in the pyramid so your chance of having one when you need to save Kerah is better. We did have at least one player who had used up all his Holy Water by the time he found Kerah.

Zen Master is better if you replay the game. Zen Master and Valkyrie come so late in the game that as classes they're almost pointless - unless you replay with them.

Wyv
Old 04-24-2005, 11:40 AM   #3
dragon2005
The Magister

i did not understand what you mean when you say replay.

you can strat at level one zenmaster whene you belding a new charictor?

or do you mean that you need to erase the adventur untill it will be the firest time you got out of vallay? and if so wuldent it erase the zen master to the basic charictor?
Old 04-24-2005, 03:27 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by dragon2005:
i did not understand what you mean when you say replay.

you can strat at level one zenmaster whene you belding a new charictor?

or do you mean that you need to erase the adventur untill it will be the firest time you got out of vallay? and if so wuldent it erase the zen master to the basic charictor?
REPLAY: reset the adventures so your characters (as they are) will be starting from the beginning of the game. They will have the skills that they have now at the end of your game. They'll be able to keep most of their equipment (not quest items).

The game is pretty easy when you replay because your characters will be so powerful - but it is still FUN!!

Hope that clarifies what I meant by "replay" in terms of the Zen Master and Valkyrie being of more use. You can start a whole new W&W game too - and that's fun as well! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 07:39 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Congrats on completing the game, Dragon2005! Yep, that final battle is pretty boring for just about everyone... unless you forgot to get those weapons quenched in black fire

What Wyv is referring to is that you can start the game over with your current characters. Go into the main menu and click on Reset Adventures. That will clear certain quest items out of inventory and put you back in Valeia, ready to hear Gareth's speech again and start all over. It's a way to try out that zenmaster and valkyrie, and can be a bit of fun.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 05:24 AM   #6
dragon2005
The Magister

when i am playing a game i expect it to bring me a chalenge and to think of an tactic attack(and not just preasing the mouse on the monster).

if i am playing a charictor that is so strong and there is no monster that will bring me a chalenge, i will not have any fun playing.

i understand some players like to use cheats in games ( i use some times cheats when they are fun to use and not the one that make the game easy(money cheats)and not intresting)but it is not the way i am playing, so playing as a strong charictor that fight lame monsters is not my thing.
for an exampol i could kill the dragon and the old tree for exp but i did not do that becous i reals that the game did not intend me to kill them.
and i wanted to add:
the quest with the tree seed(the mage quest), is really easy and evrey one talk about this huge bug with this quest,i just run in to 2 trees and killed them and got the seed, and comleated the quest.

and i just want to understand thes:
i can erase the game(not uninstal it) and have all my charictors in level 19 and with graet powers?
Old 04-25-2005, 10:23 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm with you, Dragon2005. I like a game that's challenging... it's no fun playing god-like characters, frankly.

I've killed Oakenmir once... it took a long time, and shot me up some 50 levels. Nothing particularly gratifying about it, though, so I haven't done it again.

The bug with the tree seed quest is that if you complete it by going to the Lost Sea area (where the treants are), you lose your chance to complete the third wizards guild quest (opening the shrine of Anephas). The only way to get the treant seeds without going through the shrine is to either tree-surf over to the Lost Sea area, vanish there in just the right spot, or perhaps attack Oakenmir so he summons some treants to his aid. I haven't tried that, but it might work.

'Course, you can also hack a seed, but that's always an option.

And bottom line... yes. If you restart the game, your level 19 characters go back to Valeia to start the game all over again. My second game was a solo zenmaster... just took her out through the Gael Serran.

BTW, some folks have made the game more challenging by applying certain rules, such as only equipping cursed items, wearing no items, or starting out with a difficult party. I played a Den of Thieves, and not being able to join a guild until I got to Ishad N'ha was very difficult. By the end of the game, though, you will still be god-like... and when the Den finally got magic (assassin, zenmaster, and valkyrie), they were truly formidable.
-+-+-+
Old 04-25-2005, 10:54 AM   #8
dragon2005
The Magister

how about playing a party that is just like the one you read about in the fantasy books, like:

dragon lance- mage ,barbarian,ranger,2 warriors and a prist.

or lord of the ring- mage, elf ranger, dworf warrior,2 human warrior,and a halfling as a rhogh.

that will be fun and itresting but it will be the same.

you can try to kill evrey one you see.
but then again it will have the same ending.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:17 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I know some folks have tried a LOTR party -- search through the old posts, and you'll find out what they tried. I don't remember anyone trying a pure evil party, killing everything out there. That would be a new one.

You can also look for places you might have missed the first time around -- the belfry in the serpent temple, for example, or the balcony in Shurugeon Castle. Or trying different classes. I tried a bard just recently, and found it... different.

The limits are really your imagination... and it sounds like you've got a ton of that!
-+-+-+
Old 04-25-2005, 05:20 PM   #10
dragon2005
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:

The limits are really your imagination... and it sounds like you've got a ton of that!
thx for the complement bungleau.
i just wanted to say that the only charictors that i havenet been are the ranger and the valkry(i think this is the name(the one that you get at cet pyramid as a female)) but i will try to see how well does the ranger work with a bow(i found it usless becaus all of the fights are face to face and you dont need to be at a distans).
but i dont think i will go so deap into the game to be a valkry( and i cant get her becaus there is no lich and lich heart (as i sad in "the lich" post, strang ha?))

but to play as the bed gay is kind of intresting and i will try that.