Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2001, 06:59 PM   #1
mje66
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Any recommendations for the best strategy to kill the Naga? It looks like my warriors weapons keep breaking. I can't enchant yet (I don't think). I tried Melt spells which help but I think my endurance is the issue, because of my weapons. Should I stock up on weapons? Also, I have 1 resurrect spell. Any adverse affect if I use it on one of my characters? Thanks
mje66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 07:03 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, MJE!

First, do you have any major spells yet like Meteorstorm? That's about the only spell that will work on her.

Use EVERY defensive spell you have: Bless, Bloodlust, Heroic Might, Armored Realm, Haste, Nimble...just layer them on each character. Use potions of Bloodlust or Heroic Might if you don't have the spells yet (those are the red potions). Doing so greatly increases the odds you'll take her down quickly in 1-1 combat.

I'm not sure why your weapons are breaking. If they're outlined in red when you view the character screen, they need to be repaired. You may want to reload the game before you enter the chamber and go back to Ishad N'ha and have them fully repaired at the Armory before proceeding.

Getting blessed weapons (+1 Longswords, etc.) also enhance how well you do with them.

Good luck!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 07:12 PM   #3
mje66
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got several of those potions but not the Meteorstorm spell. Fire spells aren't helping much. I'll try.

I have a saved game back in town, and I have several Ankhs that I can sell for 1250 or so and get $ to buy enchanted weapons. I will try that, since my weapons are all fully repaired. That's one of the FEW things that I think I can manage. I also had a Death spell that I cast on her unsuccessfully.
Old 06-03-2001, 07:17 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Don't sell your Ankhs!!!!!!!!! Use them to up your stats!!!!!

To get more cash, buy arrows at the guilds and sell them back. You can make extra money that way, for they sell for more than you purchase them for. Do this several times and you'll have enough to get some good weapons.

There's always the "Inn Gold Bug" trick, too... (check down the list for details on this!)

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 08:31 PM   #5
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi mje66! Well, did you kill the Naga yet? Did you try using bless and all those spells to enhance your party as Saz suggested? Once you get all pumped up, get in her face and hack away at her. Let us know how you do it please.
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 03:52 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

You must be pretty strong to be able to kill the Naga. She is resistant (not immune) to spells, she has good AC and she has bags of hit points. Some hints:
1. The Merlin's Shield spell makes all her ranged (magical) attacks useless. I've never seen Naga successful in her "breath" attack when I was shielded by the spell. The corresponding scroll is the Scroll of Anti-Magic.
2. The Kerielle's Potion puts Naga into sleep for some time. USE the potion on her.
3. Naga is not immune to any magic school. Fire spells work. According to my experience, Naga's highest resistance is resistance to Vine spells - even if Vine spells can hit her.
4. The best way to kill Naga is the Firestorm, Icestorm or Meteorstorm spell. Cast Merlin's Shield, then 2 Firestorms. I also killed Naga with Demonic Fists, well, I needed more than 20 of them (I run out of Fiend spells and had to continue with Iceballs).
5. Killing Naga is the first Ishad N'ha Temple quest. If you are not on the quest then you can let Naga be - for now. Cast Merlin's Shield. Click the lever on the disc in the room. Hide behind the disc and wait. Naga will leave her blocking position in the door and move such a way that she can attack you with her spells. That's the moment when you can pacify her with the Kerielle's Potion and leave or simply leave. Run left and reach a room with a lever above the fountain. Click the lever and run to the elevator maze.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 04:54 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

She seems more susceptible to stone spells than the other forms of magic. When it is her turn to attack, she likes to swipe at the last person who took a swipe at her (if she hasn't attacked for a while, it is usually better to pass up the opportunity for your pixie mage to take a swipe at her with a quarterstaff). Use the potion that Kerielle gave you for a breather. Use Bloodlust spells to pump up the damage of your best warriors. She is a tough struggle, but worth it.

Regards
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 02:55 PM   #8
mdalos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I killed her the exact opposite way to all the above...just raced up to her and bashed away with all my characters. I found that spells didn't work at all...about halfway through the fight i changed my cleric from fight to great heal and when he ran out of heal spells, i used cure poison spells. after my 3rd try i got lucky and she died...

good luck!
mdalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 08:54 PM   #9
mje66
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well - I killed her! What worked for me was to have my warriors drink the bloodlust and/or heroic might potions; have everybody blessed and protected by layers of Armored Realm spells throughout. I had a wizard constantly hit Naga with Melt spells to lessen her protection, some Slow spells. Others pummelled her with weapons, although either because of the Bloodlust or her protection several weapons broke or somehow disappeared from my inventory. If you can manage it, I would recommend having 2 backup weapons per warrior. Cure poison potions or spells and Heal spells helped prevent ANYONE from dying. (Although I tried about 5 times before all survived). Thanks all for the suggestion!

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 09:10 PM   #10
BLKCat
The Magister

Congratulations mje66! She was a toughie! I am glad you succeeded! Keep us posted on how things go for you! Have fun!

BLKCat

------------------
...Events are cowards: they don't occur singly, but instead they run in packs and leap out at you all at once.
(Excerpt from "Neverwhere", by Neil Gaiman)

[This message has been edited by BLKCat (edited 06-08-2001).]
BLKCat is offline   Reply With Quote