Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2001, 10:15 AM   #1
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Just had to post something in the new forum. Anyway I'm just curious what party people are going to be taking into TOB for their first go. Are you using an old party? Will you use NPCs?
I'm still in chapter three with the party I'm going to use. I started up a new group to make sure I got all the items and was fully prepared for TOB. I also wanted to see Jahieras romance all the way through. So my party will be
Draggor Bonesnapper- Male Human Fighter, duel wielding Crom Fayer and my own +5 Warhammer that acts like Celestial Fury, Stormhammer
Minsc
Jahiera
Imoen
Mazzy
Nalia
This way I'll get to see the romance through (if it doesn't bodge up in my current game) and will also get lots more funny comments from Minsc.
Draggor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 10:37 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Hmmmmm I would have to say most probably my custom made party and maybe Aerie to continue the romance:
My custom party
D'ward : Human Monk
Alavriel : Half Elf Druid
Kaera : Half Elf Cleric of Talos
Kheoral : Dwarven Fighter
Raistlin : Elven Sorceror
Erianeal : Eleven Thief
and then maybe substitute one for aerie

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
AzureWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 06:01 PM   #3
Pennance
The Magister

The team that's gonna take it all the way is the one that's been to Hell and Back...multiple times now!

Elaith: Half-Elf Fighter/Mage
Viconia: Elven Cleric
Minsc: Human Ranger
Boo: Miniature Giant Space Hampster
Imoen: Human Thief/Mage
Jaheira: Half-Elven Fighter/Druid
Valygar: Human Ranger

But if I find someone, ANYONE, that seems cool then Valygar's gonna be out on his arse. I was thinking about Saeravok, but who knows...
Pennance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 10:53 AM   #4
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

can't belie I've got to do this already but.....BUMP

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Draggor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 03:22 PM   #5
Greadius
The Magister

I'm already blazing through the Bhaalslaughtering parts of TOB with my pseudo-evil but only marginal evil since my characters romance with Jahiera makes it tough to slaughter peasants for gold.

Ayden- Fighter/Thief... the elven backstab machine (gotten a few for 100+)
Jahiera- Fighter/Druid
Jan- Thief/Mage
Viconia- Mobile hospital
Edwin- Artillery (He is amazing in the expansion... absolute wrecking ball)
Saverok- Tank...replacing that stupid dwarf...whats his name?
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 04:20 PM   #6
Shypaw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm in Chapter 5 now with...

Shypaw - Half-Elf Totem Druid
Aerie - Love Interest
Minsc
Jaheira
Imoen
Valygar - Will dump for Saravok dude
Shypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 05:58 PM   #7
DeTRiTiC-iQ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm awaiting the UK release
Hopefully manually adjusting variables in shadowkeeper will allow me to keep my triple romance going before a romance patch is released, if that is the case i will continue with the following party.
Kytana - Monk/Tank (i'm not changing this nice lady, killed Firkraag in 14 seconds, plus hopefully ToB will allow above +3 attacks with fists)
Minsc - Tank (Boo!)
Jaheira - Romance no.1 (healer and has lots of party defense status spells)
Aerie - Romance no.2 (good-aligned mage, nuff said)
Imoen - taking her to the end (useful mage/thief)
Anomen - Romance no.3 (i also like him because he was my first character to learn Gate)

What can I say, i have a weakness for whiny characters
DeTRiTiC-iQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 09:44 PM   #8
Greadius
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
I'm awaiting the UK release
Hopefully manually adjusting variables in shadowkeeper will allow me to keep my triple romance going before a romance patch is released, if that is the case i will continue with the following party.
Sorry to dissapoint but I had a dual romance going with the same thing and it ended with TOB... now I'm down to one
Greadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 07:51 AM   #9
Ender4K
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My Party was mostly based on sentimental decisions...

Letheren, Elven Mage. As Imoen can do everything he could do and a bit more, I just contented myself with teaching him every spell in the game because he has a 19 int. Bless those stat books from BG1. My magical powerhouse, he blows the enemies to hell and back.

Imoen, Thief/Mage. She picks locks and detects traps very well with items that boost her ability. She's also a very good mage and the ability to use shortbows allow her to stay out of melee and still contribute. I use her as magical support--back up nukes, disabling attacks, stripping defenses. I just couldn't bear to leave my sis behind...

Aerie, Cleric/Mage. Love interest. Found her personality alot more appealing in tob too. She's also my primary healer. Her mage abilities are good for additional booms and what not.

Keldorn, Paladin. Can't do without this guy. He can dispell just about any spell, true sight for when the enemy misleads you, and with carsomyr +6 dexterity gauntlets and a str girdle, he really cleans up. He's also the only one who seems to care about your spiritual health.

Jaheira, fighter/druid. Poor girl was just widowed, is in love with you, and left the harpers for you. (Later rejoining) Kept her due to sympathy more than anything else. She's a good fighter though, and iron skins makes her the only NPC fighter who can stoneskin herself. Not to mention greater elemental summons is Shweet.

Last but not least, Minsc, ranger. I was SO tempted to drop him and take sarevok, my other sibling... but I just couldn't do without that nutty ranger and his hamster providing me moral guidance. If boo doesn't like it, we don't do it. But I gotta admit, misnc is great with the crom faeyr and the runehammer +5.
Ender4K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 02:13 PM   #10
Paul Atreides
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Me-skald - bard song for Skald very powerful - dual w. Equalizer and Daystar
Korgan - dual weilding Crom Faeyr and Stonefire
Minsc - Dual Celestial Fury and Malakar - with Mace of Disruption +2 for undead
Viconia - Flail of Ages and Sling of Eversgard
Jan - Light Crossbow of Speed and Cutthroat +4
Edwin - Staff of the Magi

I played through BGII a number of times and this combination provided the best dialog (as well as being very powerful).
Paul Atreides is offline   Reply With Quote