Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2001, 09:44 AM   #41
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
(ooc: lol, Larry, you're squeezing in so many actions within 1 round! KS and Deiter won't need to be around if you go on like that... )

ooc...Sorry! I really don't know how to write turn-based stories, and keep the action going like you want me to. I shall slow down and take several turns to beat whatever you launch at me next. Promise!!

p.s. to your last post....AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
hmmmm...I wonder how stong these swords really are in magical properties...Nobody has really come up with a description yet..and one of those scrolls you gave me is an Identify spell...hehehehehehe

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-13-2001, 09:59 AM   #42
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: Ok folks, I'm off to grab my night's sleep for now. Will be back in 5-6 hours' time... hope to see more action than earlier today's.

Larry - I've replied to your email. Happy thinking out how you're gonna cope with this little problem - makes you appreciate mages now, huh? *snicker*)

Old 10-13-2001, 10:07 AM   #43
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry puts up his katanas up in a futile attempt to block a magic missle, hurled at him by Mistral.
The swords did not do much good against the attack.
Larry falls to the floor, shaken up at the energy blast his body just took.

"O.K. Spree, I need you now!"

~Larry says aloud.

Mistral comes walking toward Larry, reaching into her pocket for a spell component...

Old 10-13-2001, 10:16 AM   #44
mistral4543

(ooc: Gee...that was fast. Anyway, I just came back to clarify that rangers do have a dispel magic among their priest spells. However, because Meldrin is level 20 and you're not, your dispel magic wouldn't have done any good either.)

"Finally, the fool realises his limitations." Meldrin smirks. Turning to glance at the wandering Mistral, he casts an otiluke's resilient sphere on her, encasing her for the next 20 rounds.~

~ "I think we should wait for Chani, after all..." ~

(ooc: I'm really going off now... serious... ... in case you're not familiar, Mistral will not be able to attack while she's encased. The good thing is that she cannot be harmed as well too during the next 20 rounds.)

Old 10-13-2001, 10:28 AM   #45
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: Being the group lore-master I suppose I can tell you the magical properties! ERM...

OK...

The Twins Of Tear's Fall: Future (Deiter's scimitar)- This sword can hold a weak link of communication with its twin. At the base of the hilt there is a red tree design with a tear in the center. The aura of the sword is almost frightening to the ignorant. With the correct incantations from its true inheritant it may see glimpses of the future. In battle the sword is extremely defensive, and it is said that one wielding this sword will never be injured by means of another physical weapon. Because of the legends behind Tear's Fall and the blade being elven, it has extreme properties. The blade would be a +3 and increases the magic resistance of its user by 25%.

The Twins Of Tear's Fall: Past (Chani's scimitar)- This sword can hold a weak link of communication with its twin. At the base of the hilt there is a flying bird with a crying eye below. The aura of this sword is either calming or worrying, depending on the skeletons in the beholders closet. In battle it is well-rounded, helping the wielder both offensively and defensively to some extent. It, like its twin, has extreme properties. The blade is a +3 and produces a mind shield, protecting against chaos, domination, etc.

The Tortured Soul: Present (Nightblade, Larry's katana)- This sword gives a blue glow, showing its link to the sea-elven. It makes the user very agile and fleet in battle, though not quite as fast as a haste spell or potion. Along the blade there is a poem, describing what would be the mysteries of the time blades. The blade holds an aura of solemness, actions speak louder than words to this sword. In battle it serves its purpose, being a +2. But the blade will often take the battle for its own, ignoring the arm behind it. It allows the wielder a silver scale, so that he may stay under water for periods of time up to an hour. The blade will also cast blue fireshields when it sees necessary and has many mysterious and unknown powers.

Shattered Reality: Change (The katana that Larry currently twins with Nightblade.)- This blade originated with wood and wild elves, hence its green hue. It is said to have been blessed at one time by the goddess Mielikki. At the base of the hilt there is a red scythe, showing involvement with the Nightblade family. The sword has a mind of its own, but will never venture like The Tortured Soul. Instead it will do what it can to help the true wielder, by giving them limited regeneration. The swords aura is warm and somehow kind.
It takes care of the INHERIT by shielding them from the likes of hold and stun. It is a +2 sword.
Old 10-13-2001, 10:47 AM   #46
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...thank you!!!
Now I know some of my limitations...
Good stuff.!

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-13-2001, 11:01 AM   #47
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: Oh yeah, give it up...

DEITER! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW! I'M TIRED OF SITTING UNDERWATER WITH NOTHING TO DO!
Old 10-13-2001, 02:56 PM   #48
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Realizing that Mistal has been subjected to one of those mind spells, and now she is trapped in that bubble-thing until Spree shows up, Larry turns his focus on Meldrin.
Meldrin has taken his seat again, and has lost interest in Larry and has begun to talk to someone near him in whispers.

"So, Melly-boy...what is your plan on capturing Spree and getting her sword from her? You must have a doosey of a plan, right"?

~Larry asked, again trying to keep Meldrin's attention as much as possible, so that Spree could do her thing...

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-13-2001).]
Old 10-13-2001, 04:08 PM   #49
mistral4543

(ooc: Sorry, I nearly slept on but jerked myself up in time at 4 am... is everyone here? Who's turn is it?)
Old 10-13-2001, 04:30 PM   #50
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: A'ight. If Deiter hasn't posted by the time I get back from the Haunted House tonight I'll leave a blue dragon charm for him and head over to ya'll two OK? OK...)