Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 10-14-2003, 04:11 AM   #1
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

I was just wondering whether anyone else got two small miniature figurines in the box they got W&W in. I think I got two... One of the lich in Skull Castle (Gez'ered Ra sp?) and another of what looks to be a minotaur (but could possibly be a wolfman ).

So, for one, did anyone else get any? Who were they of? I've been using mine in my d&d games...

Just a thought...

Moiraine Sedai
Old 10-14-2003, 06:19 AM   #2
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Man, you got figures in your box?
[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]
How awesome!
Was it a special edition or did you buy it when it first come out perhaps?
Or maybe it was a special deal through where you bought it....either way, that's pretty damn cool methinks!

In fact, I could feel a little ripped off if it wasn't for the fact that I picked up this nice little game for a mere $4 (AUS) in a Cash Convertor/Pawn store called "Cash Works". Its in a dvd style box with the words "Essential Collection" written on the top and Pc CD rom on the bottom, so I'm thinking it was the budget release or something!

Good to hear you're playing D&D too! Third ed? Have you updated to 3.5 yet? My group play infrequently (every month or so) as most of them live about 100 km away from me in Melbourne. My last character, a Halfling Invoker named Pyro, got savagely squashed by a falling brick wall.
I was in mourning for a week!

Cheers,
Cerebrodragon
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 08:38 AM   #3
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by CerebroDragon:
Man, you
'Man?'

Glad that's settled...

Quote:
My last character, a Halfling Invoker named Pyro, got savagely squashed by a falling brick wall.
I was in mourning for a week!
ROFLTMAO!!!!!

Well, my human rogue called Cade drowned in quicksand ON THE WAY TO THE DUNGEON!!! [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] I never actually got to play him... Just one failed Reflex save and unhelpful party members = Dead rogue.

I think my copy was the original release...
Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 10-14-2003, 09:06 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

My release didn't come with any figurines Just a crummy book and a crummy CD... *pout*

For reference, Moiraine, the use of "man" in American is not indicative of gender, but is a general exclamation. Hence CerebroDragon was not trying to offend, no matter how offensively it might be taken

And the budget release of the software probably came with a CD and little else, other than a sheet saying "To install: Put in CD Drive". Gotta save those [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 09:24 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:

For reference, Moiraine, the use of "man" in American is not indicative of gender, but is a general exclamation. Hence CerebroDragon was not trying to offend, no matter how offensively it might be taken
Ah yes, Bungleau, in American, but then again CerebroDragon is from Down Under just like Moiraine and would thus hardly be prone to use the word in an American manner, so unless "man" is a general exclamation in all English-speaking countries, I believe it could be taken as an offence.

All right, I will stop being pernickety. You can stop throwing things at me now...

But, Moiraine... Genuine plastic figures. Lucky you are. If it were not for the fact that it is not my style I would be green with envy now. [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2003, 05:20 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Good catch! I missed where CerebroDragon claims he's from...

Okay, I'm going now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 03:43 AM   #7
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Ohh whoopsie!
My earnest apologies, Moraine....although I thought that I'd somehow acknowledged your, erm, Aes Sedai-ness on another post if that makes any difference. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Hopefully you weren't really offended by my thoughtless exclamation, my brain was in utter geek speech mode, so I was unaware it could be taken the wrong way at the time. *bows apologetically Lan style*
[img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

LOL for poor Cade, who along with Pyro, disappears into the limbo for characters who didn't quite reach their potential. Did your other party members try to save you? My new character is a Gnome fighter named Kilbane, but I'm struggling so far to really get into him so far. I'll have to invent some kind of wacky lifequest or something! [img]smile.gif[/img]

@ Bsftcs & Bungleau
Thanks for the elaboration on the general exclamation of 'man'. From my experience, the phrase is an old stereotypical hippie-ism, although American english might not necessarily be able to take full credit for it or its permutations. For the sake of argument however, I wonder if it is politically incorrect to claim that in man, there is literally wo-man, and in wo-man, there is man. Henceforth, the term 'man or the more common collective, 'mankind', is all inclusive to both genders.
As an alternative example, I remember back in my uni days approaching female friends with the greeting "hey, guys what's hows it going?' and none of them seemed to mind.

Can I get away with that one?
Or will an ultra feminist daemon invade my dreams and send me to some kind of Purgatory where awaits my trial for quasi chauvinistic gittery? [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Cerebrodragon

P.S: Tis a fact, not a claim, that I herald this great forum from Australia!
My turn to be pedantic there!

P.S.S Hopefully take on the might and sights of Dragon Spire tonight!
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:33 AM   #8
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Ohh whoopsie!
My earnest apologies, Moraine....although I thought that I'd somehow acknowledged your, erm, Aes Sedai-ness on another post if that makes any difference. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Hopefully you weren't really offended by my thoughtless exclamation, my brain was in utter geek speech mode, so I was unaware it could be taken the wrong way at the time. *bows apologetically Lan style*
[img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
*Tilts head and raises one eyebrow*

The wheel weaves as the wheel wills. Apology most cheerily accepted. (I would try and figure out if you had incurred 'toh' towards me but I don't live by ji'e'toh (sp?))

Quote:
LOL for poor Cade, who along with Pyro, disappears into the limbo for characters who didn't quite reach their potential. Did your other party members try to save you?
Regretfully, no. I am making a wheel of time mod for d&d... I can email it to you when it's completed (if you're interested)...?

Quote:
P.S.S Hopefully take on the might and sights of Dragon Spire tonight!
Beware of the Shadow there...

Moiraine Sedai [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-15-2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: moiraine sedai ]
Old 10-15-2003, 09:35 AM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

Moiraine, you hand those figurines over right away! I want some too! *pouts* And I did buy the original release! *pouts even more* All I got was the CD, the manual, some guarantee something something and the excellent installation card Bungleau mentions. Of course I threw most of it away at once. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

Cerebro, I know you have apologized but [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 06:11 PM   #10
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Models??? No, but I did have a card in it that was for a contest to win a real suit of armor, however, that contest ended 3 or 4 years ago . At least I think that contest was for W&W, but I'm not 100% sure

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote