Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-16-2001, 10:32 PM   #1
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Does anyone have any good Spell Trigger
or Spell Sequencer combo's they wish to
share? I always seem to use Minor Sequencer
with two magic missles, Spell Sequencer with
three Lightning Bolts or Flame Arrows and
Spell Trigger with protections. This would
be for a single class mage/sorcerer.
Old 10-16-2001, 10:39 PM   #2
Lazarus
Manshoon

Uhh actually I use these Triggers on a defensive side
So I would recommend...
Minor Spell sequencer: Mirror image,Blur
Spell Sequencer: Fire shield (RED),Well lets add say Melf's minute meteors, Vocalize.
Contingency: Stoneskin
Spell Trigger: Protection from normal weapons,globe of invulnerability,protection from normal missiles.

thats all for me (WEll i dont use chain contingency yet My lvl isnt that high yet)

------------------
To be forgotten is worse than death...
-Lazarus

"You will never escape me!"
-Jon Irenicus
FFFFFF">
DSlaytern] Signature image removed as it is too big.

Last edited by Dundee Slaytern; 10-09-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-16-2001, 10:44 PM   #3
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

Well, I use my spell triggers and spell sequencers to combat mages in the begining of a combat encounter. I use acid arrow/greater malison/emotion or slow with the sequencer and usually a silence/greater malison/feeblemind with spell trigger. I usally take the mage out from the start since they can do the most damage to your group.

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"
Old 10-17-2001, 01:17 AM   #4
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

I read somewhere that a Spell Trigger set up with triple Lower Resistance will reduce any dragon or any other magic-resistant enemy to Magic Missile target practice...
Old 10-17-2001, 02:16 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mahlennacht:
I read somewhere that a Spell Trigger set up with triple Lower Resistance will reduce any dragon or any other magic-resistant enemy to Magic Missile target practice...
That is a fact.

At character level 20, you attain the maximum potential for spells based on character level. Each Lower Resistance will deal -30% Magic Resistance to the target, thus 3 will reduce by 90%.

Minor Spell Sequencer:
- Two Magic Missiles -------> When I am low level, average 30 damage.
- Two Melf's Acid Arrow ----> When I am high level, average 48 damage in 6 rounds.
- Magic Missile and Ray of Enfeeblement.

Spell Sequencer:
- Three Flame Arrows, at level 5 = 15d6 damage, level 10 = 30d6 damage, level 15 = 45d6 damage, level 20 = 60d6 damage.
- Greater Malison, Emotion, Slow.

Spell Trigger:

- Three Lower Resistances.
- Globe of Invulnerability, True Sight, Spell Immunity.

Contingency:
- Dispel Magic, cast on self, cast when helpless( at first).
- Mislead, cast on self, cast when helpless( when I am high enough level).

Chain Contingency:
- Three Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wiltings, cast at nearest enemy, cast when enemy sighted.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips
Old 10-17-2001, 09:35 AM   #6
StarVid
Elminster

Dundee, with those Abi wilts. If you do that, what if it turns out to be one minor enemy and then you just wasted off 4 spells (including the contingiency) for just that one target? I haven't gotten all that far in the game so I don't know if this is all that relevant, but I thought I'd ask.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:12 AM   #7
Zbyszek

Like for goblins in sewers? He,he what a surprise it would be for all of them .

I forgot:
Sequencers: some ranged magic or breach, dispel and so on
That one on myself - I dont use

[This message has been edited by Zbyszek (edited 10-17-2001).]
Old 10-17-2001, 10:15 AM   #8
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I suggest packing one sequencer with two lower resistance and a greater malison, great for softening up tough foes, also place a detect invisible or True Sight in one of them so you can quickly uncover invisible foes.
Old 10-17-2001, 11:06 AM   #9
Nifft the Nimble

For Aerie or your favorite home-brew Cleric/Mage, try Minor Sell Sequencer with either:
1) Chant (normally takes a whole round to cast, very easy to interrupt) + Remove Fear
2) two Cure Light Wounds (18 pts of healing VERY FAST)
3) two Dooms (they stack!)
4) Chant + Magic Missile (The chant will affect any friendly units near the target, so your fighters will benefit as you disrupt their spellcaster).

For a normal Mage, consider a Minor Spell Sequencer of Magic Missile + Melf's Acid Arrow. You'll disrupt this round's spell casting and have a chance to disrupt the next few rounds, too.

Contingency:
Eventually you'll be able to put things like "25% HP ==> HEAL" in this slot, but not right away. Instead I use "Outike's Resiliant Sphere" for Helpless, because that'll protect me & my friends if I'm paralyzed or confused. "Slow Poison" on self if poisoned might be nice, but it's a little too specialized unless you know the poison's coming... and even then, potions of antidote are plentiful.

Here's a fun Spell Sequencer for little Aerie: Tenser's Transformation + Draw Upon Divine Might + Improved Haste. Put her in some armor and you'll still be able to use this one!
-- Nifft
Old 10-17-2001, 11:55 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by StarVid:
Dundee, with those Abi wilts. If you do that, what if it turns out to be one minor enemy and then you just wasted off 4 spells (including the contingiency) for just that one target? I haven't gotten all that far in the game so I don't know if this is all that relevant, but I thought I'd ask.
I do not cast Chain Contingency until I need it. The neat thing about Chain Contingency is that you can cast it at any time, and it has a casting time of zero.