Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 09:56 AM   #1
TheDutkanator

I need a spell that can disarm traps usable by the mage. I also would like the scroll to go with it. If anyone can do this for me, please send the completed spell and scroll to my mailbox. http://www.thedutkanator@aol.com

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 05-13-2001, 07:40 PM   #2
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

It might be easier to add the find/remove traps as a special ability granted by an item.

The find traps thing would be easy, just take the Cleric spell and change the codes so that it would work for a Mage.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-13-2001, 08:29 PM   #3
white heron
Manshoon

I'm really not sure if it is possible.Find Traps is no problem,but i dont think you can remove traps without an actual thief.I seem to remember trying to create an item for this before.Of all the items i've seen on peoples web pages i've never seen an item for this either.
Old 05-13-2001, 11:17 PM   #4
white heron
Manshoon

Well, after having another look i still cant see a good way of doing it.
However i've made you a pair of gloves that give a +2 Dexterity bonus and allow you to cast Find Traps and Knock at will.
These gloves did get me through the trapped 'twisted rune' door though ,which usually kills me,so i think that 'knock' may work on some traps but not others?
They're in your mail, -Hope it helps.
Old 05-14-2001, 06:50 PM   #5
TheDutkanator

doesn't work dude! anyone else!? PLEASE!!!!

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
Old 05-14-2001, 07:03 PM   #6
white heron
Manshoon

Ah well,i understand your need though and im asking other people(kit makers)because im determined to find a way to let another class disarm traps.
To be frank,there is no spell to disarm a standard trap and a spell for this cannot be made with IEE as is.I'm sure though that it exists as a special ability,but cannot find it.Someone who makes kits would most likely know how to add the thieving skills button.
Old 05-14-2001, 08:39 PM   #7
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

IEEP uses the hex codes for spell effect. If someone could find this hex code we could use it. Although maybe the disarm skill isn;t implemented the same way as other effects. I'll look into it
Old 05-14-2001, 10:03 PM   #8
TheDutkanator

Thanks Vaskez. If anyone can figure it out, it's you. BTW, kudos on your lich and psionicist kits (psychic elemental).

p.s. go to potencius' forum http://pub59.ezboard.com/fpotenciusnetfrm1 and check the topic: creating creatures

I know you could help me with this one too. THANX MAN!!

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
Old 05-14-2001, 10:08 PM   #9
white heron
Manshoon

Vaskez, I was hoping you might look in.If you could suss it out it would be cool.Im no good with hex beyond altering basic stats(str,dex,ect..),and not fantastic with IEE either.But it would be a cool thing to find.
Hey,i tried out your Desolator kit which is great,and yesterday made my first spell which is a rip of your scimitar summoning ability,but mine summons a crazy warhammer(but it stays until unsummoned and DOESNT drain life),but i learnt alot from examining that spell and item so thats cool too.thx
Old 05-15-2001, 10:15 AM   #10
TheDutkanator

*BUMP*

HELP!!!

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote: