Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2001, 06:30 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, the board is really slow tonight (the ONLY night in the last couple of weeks I have gotten home early from work) so I will break my rule against flaming. Now who to shred? Lemme see, who would be on now? how about...Armisael!!

My complaint about Armisael
What I offer here is an involved yet detached look at Armisael's conjectures. Perhaps time, further study, and more reflection will either modify or enrich the analysis offered here, but Armisael should take all the bull-pucky he's been throwing at us and fertilize his garden with it. What follows is a series of remarks addressed to the readers of this letter and to Armisael himself. It is quite common today to hear people express themselves as follows: "In a country like ours where corporatism, antagonism, and communism run rampant, we need laws to help enforce behavior that ought done out of common sense, decency, and tolerance." This brings us to the dark underside of his sentiments, the side that's known to censor by caricature and preempt discussion by stereotype. We can say that none of what he says carries any weight, and he can claim the opposite, and it won't make one bit of difference. In case you hadn't noticed, Armisael's arguments would be a lot more effective if they were at least accurate or intelligent, not just a load of bull for the sake of being controversial.

Armisael offers two principal reasons as to why his excuses are a breath of fresh air amid our modern culture's toxic cloud of chaos. He argues that (1) pernicious boneheads are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes, and (2) it is better that a hundred thousand people should perish than that he should be even slightly inconvenienced. These arguments are invalid for the following reasons: First, his detestable insane anecdotes are in full flower, and their poisonous petals of narcissism are blooming all around us.

He is not as contemptible or lackadaisical as you might think. He's more so. Armisael's tracts are based on a denial of reality, on the substitution of a deliberately falsified picture of the world in place of reality. And this dishonesty, this refusal to admit the truth, will have some very serious consequences for all of us before the year is over. My argument gets a little complicated here. Whereas Armisael claims that his beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments) are Right with a capital R, I myself claim that I have one itsy-bitsy problem with his artifices. Namely, they deny citizens the ability to become informed about the destruction that he is capable of. And that's saying nothing about how he has two imperatives. The first is to alter laws, language, and customs in the service of regulating social relations. The second imperative is to jump on everything that is written, said, or even implied and label it as either villainous or ethically bankrupt. In a nutshell, due to circumstances that I have encountered in my research, I find that I must provide an antidote to contemporary manifestations of slatternly militarism.

Before you guys think I'm high, click here for an absolute screamer.

Armisael, I await your response with baited breath...
Old 01-04-2001, 06:33 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry that should have said My Rant Against Armisael!
Old 01-04-2001, 07:12 AM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Memnoch I wish you had seen my reaction to this post. You had me from "My complaint against Armisael" the fact you titled it My Rant against Rikard is even funnier. I've been in hysterics. Really funny mate, very good. I was thinking of doing something similar all day but nothing like this. Takes the cake.
Old 01-04-2001, 08:31 AM   #4
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

(blink) (rubs eyes) (blinks again)
grabe talaga Memnoch wala ka talaga magawa sa buhay ngayon no?
all i can say is umm... wow!
Old 01-04-2001, 10:13 AM   #5
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Ya Know
Just becoz ya like me doesn't mean ya have to use my name on your posts mkay
Old 01-04-2001, 10:23 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

damn thing wouldn't let me change the subject title! Oh well consider it my rant against everybody...

C'mon Armisael where are you??
Old 01-04-2001, 02:05 PM   #7
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

I'll make ya feel better
i'm communist
so
Old 01-04-2001, 02:47 PM   #8
Maestro
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hehee, I think he will not give you the satisfaction of a reply =) We will see it soon : Armisael's Rant Against Memnoch
Old 01-04-2001, 05:18 PM   #9
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

hm or Rikard's rant agains memnoch for so abusing my name

maybe armisael doesn't come here becoz he loves me and can't stand the title of this topic
Old 01-04-2001, 05:37 PM   #10
Ertai, Wizard Adept