Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-21-2000, 08:14 PM   #1
ShadowcasT

Hi,i just started the game,and i have a quick question.
Curently,i am an elven fighter\mage,and i was wandering :

1) Where the hell i can find an elven chain?.I heard that there's a blade singer chain +4 ,and i though that at least a normal or simply +1 elven chain was avaible pretty soon. Thanks to that silly new rule i can't even switch armor in combat,and using my fighter\mage is become so complicate and annoying that i don't even cast spells any more,it ain't worth of it.Plus,since i'm a good charater (and a blade singer lover )i'm not sure i would slay a blade singer for the armor,always if the owner is still alive of course,not sure why is called blade singer chain mail.If any one knows a quick way to get one,i'll be grateful forever.

2)I just complited Nalia quest,but now i don't know if i can take her's stronghold or wait for the mage tower.Witch is better for my character? And,in case i chose the fighter stronghold,could i give it up later in favor than the mage tower?.

Thnaks in advance and sorry for my english and for my newbieship

Old 10-22-2000, 01:54 AM   #2
Tobbin
Red Dragon

You don't really need elven chain, nor do you need regular armor at all. You can go to the Adventure's Mart and get ya some Bracers AC3 (these work for any party member). If you combine this with your Ring of Prot +1 and the Ring of Elemental Control from the beginning, you will have an AC equivalent to Full Plate Mail. Plus, you get the benefit of being able to cast magic without having to worry about removing your armor and all that nonsense. Later on in the game, you will find better rings and better magical items that you can combine with your Bracers too. Right now, my character is at -11 AC. I believe that if you use the items I mentioned and your base AC is 6, that should get you to a -4. Just experiment with your items and eventually you will get this down lower and lower and still be able to cast magic.