Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Have you ever committed a crime without realizing it?
Yes 13 65.00%
No 7 35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2007, 03:57 PM   #1
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Arrow

I once went into a store filled up my water jug and walked out without paying, my mind was on other stuff at the time. Only when I was on the road did I relize boy was I quick in the store. Then it hit me that I didn't go through the check out. The town is an 8 hour drive away so I still own that store $1.25.

Both my wife and mother have done the gas thing were they forgot to pay, but went back and paid after. They were both criminals for a few hours.

[img]graemlins/thief.gif[/img]

[ 04-24-2007, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

If I have, I haven't realised.

Although when I was little I did asked my mum to buy me some sweets, so I picked up a toffee crisp. She said I could have it, so unintentionally I started to open it. I realised and stopped myself, but there was a big tear down the top of the wrapper.

About as criminal as I get *without* realising it.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

My friends and I were hanging out near the pool this winter around 9 PM. We weren't doing anything illegal, but two neighbors called the cops on us, and we recieved a warning for trespassing (wtf?) and the area was searched for signs of drugs or vandalism. We were somewhat lucky, because there are people who live near me that do that sort of stuff, and I was worried about having it pinned on us.

That was the only incident for me, though.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I think my familt bought something off one of eth mafias once... And copy CDs and distribute them, but since we don't ask for money, i don't think that counts. Erm... One of my friends regularly drives over 100 in the 60 zones.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Thrice I was an accessory to shoplifting (like My Cousin Vinnie), when on three occasions I was with people who realized they had forgotten to pay for things at the store. It happens more than you'd think, apparently.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 05:57 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't think so, when i break the law, i'm always very aware of it, day in day out.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

What I am interested in is if you genuinely forget to pay for something, and are caught for it by security or whatever, do they let you off? I sometimes have fears of forgetting stuff like that and always wondered if someone would believe me if I made a simple mistake? This ever happen to anyone?
Old 04-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #8
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Without realizing it? Probably nothing more than spitting on the sidewalk and breaking some 100 year old law. Probably the worst thing I did that I *knew* was wrong was driving on this country road in North Carolina (I lived there at the time) and having w-a-y too much fun on the curves. I came around one curve, half in my lane & borrowing a piece of the other one, just in time to meet a deputy sheriff. He had to run off the road to give me enough room. I had 3 thoughts in the blink of an eye: 1. He's got to go around the curve to find a safe place to turn around, 2. I've still got a good head of steam, and 3. the state line is only about 3 miles away.... I had a leisurely lunch in Georgia before sneaking back home.

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:18 PM   #9
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

I.... don't... know! Ò_ó
Old 04-19-2007, 06:20 PM   #10
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I don't think so, when i break the law, i'm always very aware of it, day in day out.
Yep, pretty much. But if someone brings this up in court, then by all means, I had no idea that ripping rental DVDs was against the law, I swear!