Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2004, 03:57 PM   #11
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Wow, I was'nt even thinking of members posting during it. Crazy.
Did we have any members that was at the Trade Center or Pentagon that morning?
Old 09-11-2004, 04:15 PM   #12
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

One of the planes that hit the WTC on September 11th was intended to be a flight from Boston to Washington. On September 9th, I had made that exact same flight. I was really shook up by the whole thing, and I won't ever forget the day. May those who died rest in peace.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:33 PM   #13
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

My husbands cousin worked in the Pentagon, but as luck would have it, she was on some kind of feild duty, so was not in the building at the time. I remember waking up, as my phone was ringing, my mom was crying and told me to go turn on the TV, I was annoyied a little, for getting a call that early in the morning while I was pregnant and all. but when I turned it on, I was in shock, and then woke my husband up and told him, we also had a meeting supposed to happen at the store where I worked, we wound up not doing the meeting but dealt with alot of paniked people who were worried the gas was going to skyrocket in price. so I and others stayed on to help the manager for free, because there was no way she could handle all the customers and still deal with her feelings too. but the work got my mind off of all that had taken place that morning.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:06 PM   #14
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

This is not aimed at stormy but she brought up a point that really Pissed me off even more than the terrists did.

Quote:
we wound up not doing the meeting but dealt with alot of paniked people who were worried the gas was going to skyrocket in price.
as people were dieing and we were under attack by who new who at the time all anybody could think about is that gas prices were going to go up. And we wonder why we were attacked. this is really sad, 3000 people die and all we think about is our pocket book. I have nothing more to say about this except I really believe that our country is doomed if this is the mind set of our nation's people and that is the saddest thing of all.
Old 09-11-2004, 05:23 PM   #15
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I know, I felt the same way at the time, and still do
Old 09-11-2004, 06:09 PM   #16
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Wow, I was'nt even thinking of members posting during it. Crazy.
Did we have any members that was at the Trade Center or Pentagon that morning?
I misread your first post and thought you were talking about here.

I don't remember anyone from IW being at the attack sites, but many knew people who where. I remember that Yorick was in NY City at the time, and while he wasn't at The Towers, he was out of contact for bit and that was quite worrisome.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:06 PM   #17
dplax
Jack Burton

I also cannot forgot that day. I got back from school around 3 pm CET (9 am NY time) and my dad was watching the tv about it. I did no work during that afternoon as I watched TV into the night. Next day at school everyone talked about it and the week afterwards there was a day when we had a three minute silence in our school in Hungary. But in Hungary the events have now lost their tragicity (does that word exist?) and are mainly only referred to as the event which started the war on terror. The victims it seems have been forgotten, which is IMO wrong. 9/11 along with 3/11 for Spain shall always remain tragic days.

Old 09-11-2004, 09:56 PM   #18
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
...the events have now lost their tragicity (does that word exist?) and are mainly only referred to as the event which started the war on terror. The victims it seems have been forgotten, which is IMO wrong.
It seems that the tragicity (which is not a word, but is certainly an understandable concept) has been forgotten to a degree. Partially forgotten by those for the war on terror AND by those against it, in it's current state.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:16 PM   #19
Jorath Calar
Harper

Saddest day I've ever had, I was at work when I heard about it on the radio, hardly got anything done, most of my coworkers seemed to be making fun of it but I thought, holy %#$% this is serious... Then I heard about the towers collapsing and thought of all the fireworkers and people on the ground...

My the heroes rest in peace
Old 09-11-2004, 10:17 PM   #20
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

RIP..

Catch me if you can..