Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-16-2001, 09:48 PM   #1
delerium
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Keeping this short. Where the hell is the Mace of Disruption?? (want to offload that ithilium). Appreciate any answers. Also, is it worth having Cromwell upgrade it for 5000 gold?
Old 07-16-2001, 09:56 PM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Spoiler...
The Mace of Disruption is found in the Vampire Lair, in a pool of blood. You can only get access to it in Chapter 3 though.
Whether it's worth upgrading - well, it's up to you. Personally I'd say go for it. The upgraded mace bestows Negative Plane Protection on the user when equipped, and I think against undead the monster has to make a save or be utterly destroyed in one hit.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-16-2001, 10:01 PM   #3
delerium
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks Hayashi, no wonder I couldnt get it (still chapter 2)
cheers!
Old 07-16-2001, 10:02 PM   #4
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

Is it negative plane protection? I know it prevents level drain but I don't think that works unless you patch it, still, it's an awesome weapon against undead regardless, you can kill a Lich with one hit with it.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-17-2001, 01:43 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Yes, NPP protects against level drain.
My current make up could be called an undead hunting party, lol. Here's the makeup and their weapons:
Kensai - Mace of Disruption +2
Minsc - Azuredge
Keldorn - Daystar
Jaheira - Sling of Everard
Aerie - Sling +2
Jan - his crossbow.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 07-17-2001, 08:22 AM   #6
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

har har, Kangaxx one hit, har har...
Old 07-17-2001, 09:59 AM   #7
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

Unfortunately, I believe Kangaxx is immune to mace of disruption and daystar - both are considered +2 weapons, so he ignores them. Haven't tested it myself though.