Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-09-2000, 08:33 AM   #1
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Ok, I didn't know this was why I had some of the magic that I do, but I think that BGII has a flaw in it. I was reading the manual about the spell iron skins and it reads like it is a druid spell. My character is a dual-classed cleric/ranger. I started him off as a ranger in BGI and then transferred him to BGII. Raised him up to 13th level as a ranger and then dual-classed him to a cleric. Figured I would get some more healing spells from the mix. Well, I finally got him to get to 14th level as a cleric now, so I gained the druidical powers he had as a ranger. Only thing is that I seem to have all the spells available now. I have all cleric and all druid spells available to cast. I was not able to cast the higher level druidical spells before. I think that if you are a druid class then it sets a bit to access those spells, and if you are a cleric, it allows you to access those spells. But, since I am so high a level of a cleric, it is allowing all the druid spells too. Really weird. Anyways, I normally use Iron Skins a lot now with Righteous Magic, seems to make for a good combo. Max to hit and add to STR (of my ranger). Then I get the 6 free protection from attacks. I usually mix this with sanctuary too, but just thought I'd mention it.
Old 10-09-2000, 09:34 AM   #2
ArchMage1

Sounds like you have a real strategy going for you, with a character that has a real mix of skills.

I haven't tried dual classing a Ranger yet, but for some reason, I didn't think it was allowed, at least that is what the manual says.

Old 10-09-2000, 03:18 PM   #3
Rikard

Yes to answer your quetion if you are a ranger cleric you are the posseser of druid and cleric spell
that's why they're so great

Old 10-11-2000, 11:53 AM   #4
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I wish that we could do that mix backwards though. It would make for a better combination. A Cleric/Ranger would be able to fight with all weapons as well as cast spells. Ah well, can't use a kit with the second class. Man. He still works out pretty good though. Not as good as the thief/fighter, but then at least I don't have to buy a lot of potions.
Old 10-11-2000, 01:14 PM   #5
Rikard

I don't think that the mix really works backwards coz if you are a level 10 cleric and you go dual class him to a ranger you will only have to level 5 or 6 spells and you should have all the spells