Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-10-2004, 05:42 PM   #1
Brian
Dungeon Master

I bought winzip.I downloaded the 001 b patch I unzipped it,and put the patch icon on with all the other icons.I also down loaded the spell list .BUT..I dont know how to get it into the game.Please advise and I will be greatful.BRIAN
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 05:46 PM   #2
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

how to get the patch in the game: unzip it into the W-8 directory, and it'll install itself.
I think the same is true of Winzip. If you unzip elsewhere and move the icon, i think you have to click it open to make the installation.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:07 PM   #3
Brian
Dungeon Master

thank you Scatter,I went to FIND in my computor and entered find Wiz8 doirectory there was many entries I still dont know how to do it BRIAN
Old 02-10-2004, 06:09 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Okay, here's how you do the patch:

First, in your main Wiz 8 directory, create a sub-directory named: patches

Second, unzip the patch into the patches sub-directory.

That's it.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:37 PM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

In Windows, if you start with 'my computer' you can get a window full of files, find Sir Tech, inside of which should be Wizardry-8, and there's where you open the patch into. If it's installing itself, it'll create a Patch folder. If you unzipped it without changing the target, you can find it in the folder "unzipped" and drag it into the Wiz-8 folder and open it there, i think you need to do more than just put it in a folder, because if it's installing itself, it'll make the computer ask you whether you want to replace certain files (you do--Yes to All).
Old 02-10-2004, 07:47 PM   #6
Brian
Dungeon Master

Thank you Nightowl And Scatter.I entered MY COMPUTER and no Sir-tech listed.I did find Wiz8 3{M] How do I "open a patch into" Sorry to be so obtuse Im an old timer Senior Citazen. Thanks BRIAN
Old 02-10-2004, 09:19 PM   #7
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Gotta select the drive it's in. Prolly C. It'll be in a frame with the title Hard Disk Drives and prolly the first one. (i have a Compaq, and mine calls itself, "Presario (C". Then find a folder, "Program Files". SirTech should be in there.
What you were looking at is your CD Rom.

To open the patch (which should tell it to run), just double click the icon, you might have to open Downloads or Unzipped to get the patch (also in My Computer, one of the files on top inside Owner's Documents), and slide it into the Wiz-8 folder when you're in the SirTech folder (just open two My Computer windows). If you don't get asked to approve the replacements, then open the Wiz-8 folder and open the patch. Or go back to download another copy, but when the little action approval window opens, Browse to get to Wiz-8 and tell it to open into that file.

[ 02-10-2004, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Scatter ]
Old 02-10-2004, 10:55 PM   #8
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Be sure to create the subdirectory patches under your Wiz 8 directory and put the patch in there. When I reinstalled Wiz 8 on my machine, I forgot about that little detail; putting it under the main Wiz 8 directory didn't work.

Do you have WinZip on your machine, Brian? You can use that to extract the patch and put it in the right place.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2004, 06:48 PM   #9
Brian
Dungeon Master

thank you Nightowl Thank you Scatter.I struggled for a while then I did the obvious I clicked on the unzipped patch, dragged it to the Wiz8 icon and pressed it on .And just like magic it worked!!!!!!! Thanks again you guys BRIAN