Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-09-2002, 09:09 PM   #1
Xerin
Dungeon Master

My character is 14th level and if I fight just one orc wearing orcish armor and wielding an orcish weapon, I get my butt kicked! At 14th level I should be able to handle 2 or 3 orcs at a time. I'v already killed a fire and ice atronach. What's the deal with orcs?
Xerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 09:18 PM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

For one thing they have levels like you, sure you're not fighting a level 16 Orc? [img]tongue.gif[/img] And Orcish armor and weapons are amongst some of the best in the game. Or at least amongst some of the very good ones.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 10:52 PM   #3
Xerin
Dungeon Master

Specifically that orc in Ashurninibi where you have to rescue a knight for an Imperial Legion quest. I had to cheat with the difficulty level to kill him. He has orcish armor and weapons.
Xerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 12:39 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

maybe you weapon does not deal enough damage, or your weapon skill is not high enough.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 01:07 AM   #5
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerin:
My character is 14th level and if I fight just one orc wearing orcish armor and wielding an orcish weapon, I get my butt kicked! At 14th level I should be able to handle 2 or 3 orcs at a time. I'v already killed a fire and ice atronach. What's the deal with orcs?
Is this the Orc in the hills near Suran? If thats the case then come back when your Level 20. That guy is tough.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 01:10 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

that is simple, just levitate up to the big rocks, then pound him with fireballs, or shoot him with arrows. your choice of course.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:13 AM   #7
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

Here is my method for dealing with any large creature. Paralyze them. Use a spell, weapon, or arrows. It may take a few hits but eventually most enemies will be paralyzed. Then either start pounding on them with your best weapon or touch spell. I prefer to retreat and shoot them full of bolts or arrows. This method has allowed me to kill many creatures I might not otherwise be able to handle. Orcs are resistant to magicka so do not count on the first hit paralyzing them.

As an alternate method you could summon some creatures to distract the orcs and hit them from range.

If you would list the type of character you play with major and minor skills, I can probably help more.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 08:26 AM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

here's another method, cast calm humonoid first, then hack him at your pleasure. he won't fight back.
Old 07-10-2002, 09:34 AM   #9
Mister Natural
Manshoon

You could move on and go back later to that area. I cleaned out that town of orcs in the north in one visit. I think I was around level 20 then and already had orcish armor from previous exploring. I also have a real nice dwenmer sword I enchanted that dishes out 5-25 electric damage. It wasn't my intention to clear out the town, but each house I entered, they immediately attacked, so they paid the price...heh heh.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:25 AM   #10
Ajia Mal'Kreig
Dungeon Master

I had the same trouble with those Orc's at 10th level. I re-loaded and came back when I was around level 25, with armor skills in the 60's and at least 160HP. No problem.

I cannot say the same about Vampires... A level 32 Archer type(100 ST, 100 Agil, 87 Speed and @230HP, 100 in Long sword), I was engaged in my new sport of Cliff Racer hunting and I stumbled upon a Dwemer ruin. Figuring it was a typical wealth producing, low threat area, I slip inside to raid. I see a guy in leather, looks like your typical outlaw, let us beat him to death with a Driadic Katana. Sure no problem, @40 hits later, 5 healing potions, some invisbility/retreat spells, I kill him. OK, the next few I got smarter and used chameleon/sneak to critical hit them for 1/2 their health points before engaging in direct combat. This works fine even with one in full Ebony armor, but then I come around the corner and see this one in glass armor. I must have that glass armor since I cannot stand washing this Chitin armor anymore... Chameleon, sneak, hit for 2x damage... WHAAAT! The hit moves the health bar less than a Cliff racer hitting me at level 32. Maybe it was just a bad swing... Whack again, once I catch her because she moves very fast, same effect. Retreat! I go back to my stash and get every nasty destruction and summoning scroll I can find and try again. About two hours real time, I finally have my glass armor.
Ajia Mal'Kreig is offline   Reply With Quote