Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-07-2001, 12:21 PM   #1
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

So ive been playing BG2 for ages now and never really used the sequencer spells. Can some one give me a little run through of how to use them and why? I never tried because i seemed to be doing fine without them but things are starting to get tougher. Ive already killed the red and black dragon and the demi-lich without using them so should i bother starting now?

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-07-2001, 12:28 PM   #2
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

Has my sig stopped working?
Old 11-07-2001, 12:34 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by BALROGBANE:

Has my sig stopped working?

Well, I dont know about sequencer spells, (I would like to hear about them myself), but since you defeated all those powerful creatures, I dont think you need them.
Your sig is working just fine for me.
Old 11-07-2001, 12:56 PM   #4
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

I mean the types of spells listed below.

*Minor spell sequencer
*spell sequencer
*contingency
*spell trigger
*chain contingency
Old 11-07-2001, 01:00 PM   #5
Kaleban
Manshoon

If you're a mage, scribe them into your spellbook and give them a whirl. The higher level sequencer/trigger spells give you a LOT of flexibility.

If you have one of each active, you're basically getting extras of those spells. Put 3 LR's in a Spell Trigger then rest (after removing Spell Trigger from your memorized block, you then have 3 LRs extra in addition to the 4 spell slots used before resting!

Very, very powerful...
Old 11-07-2001, 01:16 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

To put it mildly, Sequencers and Contingences mean extra spells and instantanous, uninterruptable spell casting.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:21 PM   #7
BALROGBANE
Zhentarim Guard

What are LR's?
Old 11-07-2001, 01:32 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Lower resistance
Old 11-07-2001, 03:07 PM   #9
Aurum
Manshoon

You can cast spell with major speed, any to time, in sequencer (magic missile, chromatic orb, magic missile, or three magic missile, or etc..).
Old 11-07-2001, 10:20 PM   #10
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Sequencers and contingencies are sooooooo cool, I highly recommend them.