Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2001, 08:43 PM   #11
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
well you know not ALL of the chars would be in BG the moive,,it would probley be:

Abdel (for those of you how dont know he is the main cahr in the book Baldurs Gate and a built in Imported Fighter)
Jaheria (for the romance plot)
Minsc (far too popular to leave out)
Imoen (of course)
Yoshimo (well you all know the reason)
and mabye Edwin?
Old 05-06-2001, 09:13 PM   #12
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Wouldnt the movie be about bg1?

------------------
Meet my lawyer.

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 05-06-2001).]
Old 05-06-2001, 09:16 PM   #13
Tancred
White Dragon

I reckon I agree with a lot of these.

DAVID WARNER fits the Bill as evil sorceror Irenicus well enough. Perhaps if they didn't make Irenicus so obviously muscular, he'd fit perfectly. He did the voice, can't argue with him there.
ANGELINA JOLIE. Now, the minute someone thought of Bodhi played by this woman, a sudden mental image of what they meant flashed through my mind - and I actually shuddered.
CHOW YUN FAT is probably the closest match I can think of for Yoshimo - his smile I like, and his general face looks a little like our favourite Kara-Turian bounty hunter.
JONATHAN FRAKES I think would fit well as Anomen, even if he does look a little older than perhaps he should. Jonathan played Will Riker, of Star Trek fame; he has the voice for imperious dogma and commanding tones.
CLARE DANES - the girl who starred alongside Leonardo deCaprio in Romeo + Juliet, would make a very apt Imoen. Her youngish look and smile stands her in good stead.
ADRIAN PAUL, star of the Highlander tv series, would - with a beard - make an excellent Keldorn, I feel. All he needs is a voice coach and he's away! I saw a photo of him once, looking for all the world just like Keldorn's portrait.
DAVID BORENANZ, the infamous 'Angel' of Buffy fame, I nominate for Cernd. Stern but soft and somewhat vague-looking is Borenanz's style.
GARY OLDMAN as Edwin is excellent casting. I'm not going to meddle with it.
LARA FLYNN BOYLE as Viconia only occurred to me after thinking of Nicholas Cage (she starred in Red Rock West). Tall and with a bone structure and voice eerily similar to Viconia's, she fits the bill well indeed.
PAM GRIER - Jackie Brown - as Mazzy was an idea I always had in the back of my mind as soon as I saw Mazzy's portrait. It's a fair likeness!
KEVIN SORBO, 'Hercules', has the smile, the gentle look and the muscle to play Minsc, I feel. If he can get the voice and accent right, and learn to love hamsters, I think he's probably the only choice there is.
DREW BARRYMORE as Nalia. It's so perfect it's scary.
JENNIFER LOPEZ as Jahiera didn't occur to me immediately. It was only happening to glance through my sister's collection of CDs while getting coffee that I saw her face, and - my god - it's not such a bad match.
WESLEY SNIPES as Valygar, I think, is cool. I'd like Lennox Lewis, but he's a boxer, not an actor. Wes it is. The build, the face. All he needs is the beard, and he's had that before.

As for a few I simply couldn't agree on...

AERIE was something of a cop-out. Aerie needs someone thin, tall, wide-eyed and young, with a very thin face. She's Calista Flockhart when Calista was 16.
HAER'DALIS also got me in a twist. Keanu Reeves I'd agree with... possibly Benicio Del Toro, but he looks older than he is. I don't know.
KORGAN and JAN both had me stumped. No idea. anyone?

Tancred
Old 05-06-2001, 09:18 PM   #14
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Wouldnt the movie be about bg1?

I guess we're talking about the sequel. After all, this is the BG2 forum, right?

Tancred

Stating the Extremely Obvious
Old 05-06-2001, 09:22 PM   #15
Tancred
White Dragon

I originally had both Nalia and Anomen in my party. I couldn't help but feel that the pair seemed so likely to fall in love I felt somewhat disappointed NPC interaction between the two disowned-rich-kids-turned-adventurers was so small. Perhaps the idea could be worked into the film somehow...

Tancred
Old 05-06-2001, 09:35 PM   #16
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Tancred

making me look stupid every time

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-06-2001, 10:49 PM   #17
CG
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How about Patrick Stewart (however it's spelt), you know, Star Trek, as Irenicus? He's got the accent. And no need to shave his head there, heh. I'm surprised no one thought of him.
Old 05-06-2001, 10:57 PM   #18
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

i think for jan danny devito he has an attitude and could play the part well
Old 05-07-2001, 07:14 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You guys know there's a post on this in the polls section (which I hope you visit )

I'd go for:

Minsc - Jean Reno
Edwin - John Malkovich
Viconia - Angelina Jolie or Halle Berry (check her out in XMen)
Jaheira - Jennifer Lopez
Imoen - Natalie Portman
Nalia - Cameron Diaz
Jan - Danny DeVito
Valygar - Wesley Snipes
Keldorn - Sean Connery
Haer'Dalis - Keanu Reeves
Mazzy - Kate Winslet
Korgan - Russell Crowe
Aerie - Gwyneth Paltrow
Anomen - Jude Law
Cernd - Ewan McGregor
Yoshimo - Chow Yun Fat

Bohdi - Uma Thurman
Irenicus - Anthony Hopkins
Ellesime - Meryl Streep
Aran Linvail - Samuel Jackson
Renal Bloodscalp - Will Smith
Saemon Havarian - Mel Gibson
Drizzt - Jet Li

------------------
Old 05-07-2001, 07:19 AM   #20
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

i never thought of halle berry but how she looks in x men with darker skin and more elven features such as high cheekbones, almond shaped eyes..etc she would look exactly like a drow should in my opinion