Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 01:28 PM   #1
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

Sorry if this has been done to death, but I wasn't able to find it in the search...

I never sell any of the bard instruments I get, but Obviously it only helps to keep the 8 most common with you in the bard's inventory.

Which do you think are the best for doing that?

I have the Freezing Fiddle, Dulcimer of Mending, Mandolin of the Magus, Jericho Horn, Siren's Wail, Piercing Pipes, Drums of Rousing, and the pipes that do Hex (can't remember its name). The rest are stashed in Heli's chest. My guys are only 13 right now and haven't done everywhere, so I know I'm missing some other goodies. I can see myself ditching the drums, since that's probably the one I use the least...

an even better question... for those who've completed the game with a Bard. What was in his/her inventory? Thanks
Old 03-05-2002, 03:08 PM   #2
Bear
Dungeon Master

I've only played a bard up to level 11 but I believe that you only have to keep combat spell instruments in inventory. Spells that can be cast out of combat do not have to be in the character's inventory (Mandolin of the Magus would be a good example).

Also, I think the Rousing Drums are great. Use them first round of a combat and everybody moves faster and occasionally gets more swings! I believe that their increased speed also gives them an AC bonus.
Old 03-05-2002, 07:18 PM   #3
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Hi folks!

I have a bard level 19/ranger level 3 char in my party and am just heading to the last part of the game. For safety reasons, I alway keep the Dulcimer of Mending in my backpack. For fun the Infernal Horn (That's the name? It's doing Nuclear Blast), and for longer battles Rousing drums, as well as Angels' Tongue. Succubus Song also turns out to be valuable, but now I prefer shooting instead, because of the chance to obtain a critical hit... Oh, yeah, Hades Harp! Good one, especially since some of the nastier guys easily get up Missile Shield and Element Shield. I also keep the Jericho Horn, but don't use it all to much, my melee guys are strong enough without it. Maybe I should mention that 5 out of my 8 chars can cast level 7 spells, and I also have a gadgeteer, so that I don't need all too much variety with my bard alone...

Never forget your towel, cheers
Philipp

P.S.: The decision to make her into a ranger at level 19 was a good one, should've done at 18, though.

2nd Edit: Oh, yeah, forgot Banshee's Howl! That's a nice one. VERY useful.

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Pyrates ]

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Pyrates ]

Old 03-05-2002, 08:14 PM   #4
ice3
Drow Warrior

I hold:
- Chaos Drone (Pandemonium) A must! When the battle is hard
- Angel's Tongue (Bless) (for the front line)
- Rousing drums (Hast) (not to mention, alows my caster to focus on level 7 spells)
- Dulcimer of Mending (Heal All) (always by the hand)
- Succubus Song (Lifesteal) (Make also target insane
- Infernal Horn (Nuclear Blast)
- Banshee's Howl (Hex)
- Hades Harp (Cerebral Hemorrhage) Damn good one, making often 100-150 Damage + Insane, also long range.

In the common inventory:
- Viola D'Amore (Charm)
- Strings of Seduction (Turncoat) (Swaped with Banshee's Howl from time to time)
- Siren's Wail (Insanity) Swaped with Chaos Drone to avoid fear.
- Renaissance Lute (Restoration)
- Frigid Fiddle (Freeze Flesh) (Swaped with Banshee's Howl from time to time)