Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-02-2001, 09:52 AM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Okay now.. I am HELLBENT over buying ToB, coz I can't stand the romance and plot be such in disarray and me being helpless on what's in store for me. SO here's the Q's...

My romance with Jaheira isn't finished, and I am already in Suldanesselar and the Harpers hunting my arse and all, so, is this gonna continue in ToB, and through the end?

Next, I have edited items and removed the exp cap, shall I be going to ToB and all with all? My items, my EXP especially, and the romance as said above which is not finished...

I am trying my best to waste time, but this romance with jaheira is too long! Had to kick Irenicus' ass!!! Anyway, if all above are true, or at least the romance, I wil buy it, if not, I can stand another week or two trying a new character...

Please answer with utmost honesty and love for ToB...

Ryan

------------------

Heya! It's me, Imoen! And I looove bunnies!!!
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 10:32 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

I think that your XP will be fine when you start TOB. If not, it should not be a major problem as you can use Shadowcheater or CLUAConsole to bump it back up - as long as it is under 8 million you will be OK.
You take any items you are carrying with you, and you are usually given a few more too.

I don't know the romance answer, but I couldn't leave you sitting here with no answers after your heartfelt plea in Gen Discussions!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Epona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 11:51 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
[B]Okay now.. I am HELLBENT over buying ToB, coz I can't stand the romance and plot be such in disarray and me being helpless on what's in store for me. SO here's the Q's...

My romance with Jaheira isn't finished, and I am already in Suldanesselar and the Harpers hunting my arse and all, so, is this gonna continue in ToB, and through the end?
Yes.

Quote:
Next, I have edited items and removed the exp cap, shall I be going to ToB and all with all? My items, my EXP especially, and the romance as said above which is not finished...
ToB normally will update your dialog.tlk file with a new one if it was last modified before 24th May 2001. If it was modified after that then it will NOT replace it.

What this means for you is that if you installed any custom items before 24th May then you will retain the custom items but you will lose the descriptions, as they are stored in the dialog.tlk file. Suggest you back up your custom items in .tbg format (unless you want to type out the descriptions all over again).

If you installed custom items AFTER 24th May then ToB will not replace your dialog.tlk. This is a problem because you will have NO new dialogue in the game and no new text. What I would do is backup your existing dialog.tlk file to another folder, then delete it from your BG2 folder, so that ToB can replace it with a new one. You will ALSO lose your custom item descriptions, so back up your custom items in .tbg format and reinstall them after you install ToB.

The XP cap remover doesn't do anything to ToB. But if you are at a level that is higher than the minimum level at which you start to earn special abilities, then you will only start earning them from the time you level up in ToB. Eg. fighters start getting special abilities at 20th level. If you cheated and have a 30th level fighter, you will start getting special abilities at 31st level and you won't get any for levels 20-30 (which you achieved by using an XP cap). Suggest you use Shadowkeeper to bring your levels back down to 8 million if you want to maximize your high-level abilities.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 07:44 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Uhh.. thanks! I have one know and I am about to enjoy! Just downloading the patct... and I don't give a damn about descriptions!!! And I didn't cheat!!! I just edited My own items!!

Thanks people!

------------------

Heya! It's me, Imoen! And I looove bunnies!!!
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote